New Here, having toruble...

I downloaded the latest edition of Arduino, which is 1.8.11 as of this post.

I am trying to practice using this product: NHD-4.3CTP-SHIELD-L
https://www.newhavendisplay.com/nhd43ctpshieldl-p-9518.html

I downloaded this set of files provided by Newhaven Displays.

I followed the steps that are provided by the product video, here

I would like to note, that I extracted the Arduino download, then extracted the NHD download. After both were extracted, I moved the NHD into the library folder of the Arduino folder.

I went File > Examples > (Examples from Custom Library) FTDI_FT800-master > FT_ADAM_4DLCD_FT843 > Demo > FT_App_MainMenu

As I am typing this, I am getting red text ONLY on the FT_App_MainMenu

Here is my Error code, on the image.

What is going on?

Please don’t post screenshots of text. That is very unhelpful. When you encounter an error you’ll see a button on the right side of the orange bar in the Arduino IDE “Copy error messages” (or the icon that looks like two pieces of paper at the top right corner of the black console window in the Arduino Web Editor). Click that button. In a message here, click the code tags button (</> on the forum toolbar) and then paste the error.

If the text exceeds the forum’s 9000 character limit, save it to a .txt file and post it as an attachment. If you click the “Reply” button here, you will see an “Attachments and other settings” link.

PhatPotato:
I downloaded the latest edition of Arduino, which is 1.8.11 as of this post.

That’s strange, because your screenshot shows you are using Arduino IDE 1.8.9. That’s completely unrelated to your error, but you should be aware of which version of the IDE you are using. Note that Arduino IDE 1.8.11 has not been released. The newest release is 1.8.10. The 1.8.11 versions that are currently available are meant only to be used by beta testers. If you are into helping with the development of the Arduino IDE by beta testing, great, but you should be aware that the beta versions are more likely to have bugs than the release versions and so are not recommended for use other than for beta testing.

Now for your error. This error indicates the code you are using is very outdated. The prog_uchar data type was removed years ago. You can find instructions for how to fix this error here: