New ideas for forum...

I feel that there is a vibe going round about people wanting some new sub-categories in the forum and I thought that people could post them here...

I think that there should be a sales/wanted sub-category because of the amount of people who are making boards and other products which then get stuck in news/development/bar sport etc depending on what they are feeling like!

Some people have also commented on possible sub categories for other things...

:D

Mowcius

There's a different area of this forum dedicated to ideas for improving the forum. This area is for suggestions of changes in the Arduino hardware design.

Yes I'm aware of that, thank you, if you look at when it was posted, it was before that section of the forum had come into play...

Well there was the software section but I presume I got mixed up at the time.... Anyway that was many moons ago :P

Mowcius

How about a for sale/items wanted/ for trade section?

Lefty

How about a for sale/items wanted/ for trade section?

Yeah I'd be interested in that too :D

Mods are online (ok single mod). Take note ;D

Mowcius

A bit old, but I second the idea :). It can be a pain to find reasonably priced (and reasonably charged shipping) electronic components in your area, and I think I could do with ridding myself of the bulk items I've bought :P.

I think I could do with ridding myself of the bulk items I've bought

Well if you're feeling generous there is TGIMBOEJ :D

Shame I haven't received one yet... (someone want to send me one? ;))

Mowcius

TGIMBOEJ

What an awesome idea! Never knew that even existed (had to google it :P)! I added myself to the list ;D!

Well I would say you would be first on my list when I do mine but unfortunately it is going to be a UK box so i'm afraid not :-/

Mowcius

Well I would say you would be first on my list when I do mine but unfortunately it is going to be a UK box so i’m afraid not

Haha I was thinking the exact same thing…before I looked up shipping to the UK :P! Ah well :slight_smile:

Haha I was thinking the exact same thing...before I looked up shipping to the UK ! Ah well

Yeah makes it not quite so worth it. Especially if you get it and it's full of crap unwanted electronics.

Mowcius

UPDATE (no not about the forum, but about TGIMBOEJ)!

Someone just sent me an email and they're going to send me a TGIMBOEJ! WOOHOO!

Just thought I'd share...I'm really excited! ;D

This is great! Very awesome! Once I get my shop fully cleaned up and things settled to a point, I am going to add myself to the list; I always have some weird crap I could put in, and I am always looking for the same (hmm - maybe that's my problem?)...

;D

Thanks for the post, mowcius!

I'm a bit too much of a packrat for my own good! It'll be nice to get rid of some stuff (or at least exchange it for cooler stuff!) ;D

Someone just sent me an email and they’re going to send me a TGIMBOEJ! WOOHOO!

It seems a cool thing… but cant figure out the shipping? Who pays for it?(i presume the receiver) and is it international?(can i get/send from India?)

cheers,
Pracas

There are actually very few rules.

The sender always pays the shipping (unless, I suppose, the receiver is very generous).

After you receive a box, you take out what you want, and add stuff you don’t.

You then email someone from the list of candidates to find a possible recipient.

After someone has agreed to receive the box, you send it to them (paying for shipping).

You can ship it anywhere. Overseas, within the same country, cross borders, etc. But you have to be prepared for border taxes :).