New in Arduino [Drone Project]

Good Day.

My name is David, and i have not yet an Arduino, but depends on your answers, i’ll buy once tomorow.

I want to create a very cheap Drone.

The thing I want to do, is with my pc conected to a PC Gaming Controller and via WIFI, send this data to the arduino (I don’t know how to program an arduino, but put the data in diferent variables), and then make a funcion that output a new value that goes to each of the 4 engines.

The main question i have is if it’s possible to do this with a wifi card conected to my pc and a nRF24L01, conected to my Arduino.

More questions, as I say, i don’t have any arduino yeat, i go to my seller and show me lots of models, but I see two that caught my attention, one is the Arduino Uno, an the other is Arduino Leonardo; with of this two models will work better for my project?.

Thank you in advantage

PD: I’ve a Rapsberry Pi, so i don’t know if i cant used as a transmitter.

What about gyros and accelerometers?

AWOL: What about gyros and accelerometers?

Yes, correct, I take in acound this things, but the giro will go onboard and conected directly to the Arduino, so I will not have problems with this.

Please, say me with of two (UNO/Leonardo), Will work better for my Project

We don't what your project is. If all you're doing is commanding four motors, then either will do. On the other hand, if you're expecting to use the processor to fine-tune the control of the motors using sensor inputs (like gyros and accelerometers) to keep the device stable, then I'd probably recommend something with more memory.

google search crazyflie

There are boards that are basically an Arduino with the gyros, accel, and compass built-in. Much smaller, much lighter.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__26911__Kingduino_9DOF_ArduIMU_Controller_ATmega328_ACCEL_MAG_GYRO_.html

This is a 9DOF ArduIMU includes three sensors - an ITG-3205 (triple-axis gyro), ADXL345 (triple-axis accelerometer), and HMC5883L (triple-axis magnetometer). This board comes programmed with the 5V/16MHz Arduino Pro mini328 bootloader, simply connect to the serial TX and RX pins with a 5V FTDI Basic Breakout.

The outputs of all sensors are processed by an on-board ATmega328 and output over a serial interface.This enables the 9DOF ArduIMU to be used as a very powerful control mechanism for UAVs, autonomous vehicles and image stabilization systems.

Specs: ITG-3205 - triple-axis digital-output gyroscope ADXL345 - 13-bit resolution, ±16g, triple-axis accelerometer HMC5883L - triple-axis, digital magnetometer Outputs of all sensors processed by on-board ATmega328 and sent out via a serial stream Output pins match up with FTDI Basic Breakout, Bluetooth Mate, XBee Explorer 3.5~16VDC input ON-OFF control switch and reset switch

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__47668__HKPilot_Mega_V2_5_Flight_Controller_USB_GYRO_ACC_MAG_BARO_AU_Warehouse_.html

The HKPilot Mega 2.5 is a complete open source autopilot system featuring the best selling technology. This version is ready to use, with no assembly required. It allows the user to turn any fixed wing, rotary wing or multi-rotor vehicle (even boats and car) into a fully autonomous vehicle capable of performing programmed GPS missions with waypoints (GPS module required - sold separately).

Features: • Arduino Compatible • pre-soldered and tested • 3-axis gyro, accelerometer, magnetometer and high-performance barometer • Built in 4 MP Dataflash chip for automatic data logging • Honeywell HMC5883L-TR Digital compass • Invensense's 6 DoF Accelerometer/Gyro MPU-6000 • Measurement Specialties MS5611-01BA03 Barometric pressure sensor. • Atmel ATMEGA2560 and ATMEGA32U-2 (processing and USB function). • Micro-USB

*Note: GPS module is not included. Sold separately.

Only $23.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__27033__MultiWii_328P_Flight_Controller_w_FTDI_DSM2_Comp_Port.html

The MultiWii 328P is a gyro/accelerometer based flight controller that is loaded with features. This version of the MultiWii supports DSM2 compatible satellite receiver functionality. With expandability options and full programmability, this device can control just about any type of aircraft. This is the ideal flight controller for your multi-rotor aircraft.

Features: • SMD component design with Atmega328P • ITG3205 Triple Axis Gyro • BMA180 Accelerometer • BMP085 Barometer • HMC5883L Magnetometer • Servo output for camera pitch and roll control • Separate 3.3v regulated power supply for the sensors • On board logic level converter

Specs: Dimensions 50x50x12mm Mounting: Standard Mk style mounting holes 45mm X 45mm Weight: 13.9g

Package content: MultiWii 328p FC x 1

More information can be found on the Multiwii Website. http://www.multiwii.com Note: When flashing the MCU with new firmware please remove any connection from AUX2.