New language forum?

Here's an idea. You know how we have forums for different languages and when someone posts in Programming Questions in French the thread will get moved to the French forum so people who can understand it can help.

Why don't we start a txt speak forum. And ppl who insist on using words like plz and can't be bothered to write something readable, or who write walls of text with no punctuation get moved there so other people who understand them can help? Anyone who uses the word "bro" or "lol" goes there automatically.

And those that start with

"So,....."

Weedpharma

And ppl who insist on using words like plz and

peeps. That one really pisses me off.

PaulS:
peeps. That one really pisses me off.

You know the one that inspired this post I gather.

I think a board for URGENT posts would be good too. A place to put threads where the op has waited til the last minute and NEEDS HELP ASAP!!! so we can ignore them without seeing them.

Or asks for URGENT HELP ASAP!!!

With a trivial non urgent request.

Weedpharma

weedpharma:
Or asks for URGENT HELP ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and never comes back to the Forum for a week by which time the usual crew have tied themselves (ourselves) up in knots over some esoteric point of coding etiquette.

...R

Well, since the first reply is in regard to etiquette, I consider it bad form to make any other reply until and unless the OP returns to clarify their incomprehensible request. :roll_eyes:

I think a board for URGENT posts would be good too

I disagree.

• Urgent job does not exist,
  • It is people who can not organize themselves and who are late. :grin:

68tjs:
I disagree.

The suggestion for a board for URGENT posts was intended as a joke, I believe

…R

I would like to see a forum for Urgent requests as well.

It would make life easier as they will all be in one place and can be ignored all at once.

Weedpharma

Here's a good idea for a third board. Anything top secret or that involves NDAs or that the "boss" won't let them talk about the details for. We could put them in a special place and provide an electronically signable NDA for any posters that wish to participate.

Delta_G:
We could put them in a special place and provide an electronically signable NDA for any posters that wish to participate.

Better still, have an NDA that prevents the OP from disclosing his problem to us :slight_smile:

...R

PS, perhaps this Thread would be more appropriate in Bar Sport ?

No, seems entirely valid to me! :roll_eyes: