New Learner

i was just learning the programming language called python i went to extra video in this course which introducing founder of arduino with dr:chuck so i searched a little about arduino and i like it but i wonder what programming language it use ? does it use C/C++ or lang similar to it?

1-what it's programming lang?

2-can i use other programming lang on it?

3-what knowledge I need before learning this programming lang? (if arduino has it's own programming lang.)

4-where to start learning? (the programing lang of arduino or the lang need to know before arduino)

Thanks in return and I really appreciate your comments

The Arduino IDE uses C++ with extensions specific to the hardware.

No

It's C++

Many C++ online tutorials and the examples that come with the IDE

1. Start by learning how to use syntax in your written text. Sometimes also called punctuation. If you can’t do it in a normal text you’re going to have a hard time writing code…

UKHeliBob:
The Arduino IDE uses C++ with extensions specific to the hardware.

No

It’s C++

Many C++ online tutorials and the examples that come with the IDE

Interesting that C++ is flagged as the IDE language. Yet, most of the examples are "C-ish" with nary a class in sight and the C++ elements remain hidden in the libraries. I get it that the gcc compiler is behind everything, but so many people are terrified by C++ I wonder if we do a disservice to tell a beginner must learn C++ to use an Arduino. While it would be great to teach the OOP concepts from the get-go, truth is that can be postponed in the hope of getting them started quickly with C and the Arduino. When they start realizing that the libraries may not do all that they had hoped for, then they will likely have to delve into C++.