We have a few new software releases for the MKR Vidor 4000 today:
1) A new SAMD beta core v1.6.23 release, includes bootloader update.
The new beta core update is available via the Arduino IDE's board manager. Release notes:
- corrected MKR Vidor fqbn from mkrvidor to mkrvidor4000
- bootloader changes to restart the FPGA on boot, which avoids hanging of sketch uploads in certain scenarios
- a new SAMD_BootloaderUpdater library to update the bootloader of the SAMD21 via a sketch.
To update you MKR Vidor 4000's bootloader:
a) In the IDE: Tools -> Board ... -> Board Manager
b) Search for "SAMD beta"
c) Select and click update
d) Wait for the update to be downloaded and installed
e) Select MKR Vidor 4000 as the board: Tools -> Board ... -> Arduino MKR Vidor 4000
f) Click: File -> Examples -> SAMD_BootloaderUpdater -> UpdateBootloader
g) Plug in for MKR Vidor 4000 to you PC, upload the sketch, and open the serial monitor
h) There will be a check to see if you bootloader needs an update.
i) WARNING: DO NOT unplug the USB cable during the update!. If your board needs a bootloader update enter "y" on the serial monitor
j) The sketch will update the boot loader and the LED will blink rapidly once successful
2) New VidorGraphics v1.0.3 and VidorPeripherals v1.0.1 library updates
The new library updates are available via the Arduino IDE's library manager, change log:
- Added support to use the u-blox NINA module over SPI for WiFi connections, including renaming some files for consistency
- updated comments in a few of the examples, a few compile warnings fixed
- VidorGraphics: a new bitstream also included in v1.0.2 to fix SPI flash boot issues
Note: after loading the new VidorGraphics bitstream, a power cycle of the board is required for the changes to take effect. This is only needed the first time.
3) New WiFiNINA v1.1.0 library update
The new library update is available via the Arduino IDE's library manager, change log:
- added support for the MKR Vidor 4000
After installing and updating 2) and 3) WiFi features will be functional on the board.