New to Arduino, and a little lost.

So I am programming an RC car to be Bluetooth and run from my phone. The issue is this:

"/tmp/619670911/twitch_car/twitch_car.ino:40:15: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ';' token

/tmp/619670911/twitch_car/twitch_car.ino:41:1: error: expected declaration before '}' token

exit status 1 "

But the highlighted issue is this:

"timer_init(); // initialization software timer"

What do I do? I need this done ASAp

First, welcome to the forums!
Second, don't double post - it causes too much confusion. you don't want answers spread over several forums.
Third, read the sticky at the top of every forum " How to use this Forum...", has lots of information on what to provide for when asking for help. What you have provided so far amounts to "I want to go to Miami, I'm at an intersection, which way should I turn?"

So, look over "How to Use this Forum" and then get back to us with the information we need to help you.

Other thread removed.

Hi! So I am programming an RC car to be controlled VIA Bluetooth module and I am a little lost. The whole code is very long so I will attach it down below, but here is the section where it is at.

void setup()
 {
  Serial.begin(9600);       // initialization UART
  pinMode(HORN, OUTPUT);    // additional channel
  pinMode(D1, OUTPUT);      // output for motor rotation
  pinMode(D2, OUTPUT);      // output for motor rotation
  /*EEPROM.write(0,255);
  EEPROM.write(1,255);
  EEPROM.write(2,255);
  EEPROM.write(3,255);*/
  timer_init();           // initialization software timer (ISSUE IS HERE)
} (ISSUE IS HERE)

These would be the errors I am receiving.

/tmp/432081153/twitch_car/twitch_car.ino:40:15: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ';' token

/tmp/432081153/twitch_car/twitch_car.ino:41:1: error: expected declaration before '}' token

exit status 1

I apologize if this is just an itty bitty issue to fix, but I am new to this.

Thank you!

twitch_car_copy.ino (6.17 KB)

Hello there!

I downloaded your file and opened it. The first thing that I noticed is that the setup() function is not complete. There is a “/" operator at the first line of code before the “#include <EEPROM.h>” that has no matching "/” operator. I got rid of the first operator before the “#include” and compiled. I did not get the error you are getting.

To further the test, I placed the operator back in the spot I removed it from and recompiled. Instantly I got the error that you did. Try removing the “/*” in the first line and give it a shot.

Thank you so much!!

Can you tell us what kind of arduino board, bluetooh module and library are you working with?

@angel17pesula, stop cross-posting. Threads merged.