New to Arduino have a project in mind and I would appreciate some help

Hi all,

I am new to Arduino and am a kid who is into almost all technology. I could use some help. I have a RGB LED light strip that i am going to make a clock out of. I am planning on being able to control the LED brightness and the LED color. I was planning on using a potentiometer (pardon the spelling) to do these functions. These LED light strips will be organized into four 8's as the clock I am making uses digital logic (I think) to control this. I am also hoping to have an LCD screen below it to display info from a temperature and humidity sensor. Is all this possible with these parts and is it possible to do both the clock and the information using only an arduino Uno? Sorry for my ignorance and i appreciate the help!

This is the kit i am getting. It comes with an UNO, the temperature sensor, and MUCH more.

I am going to get these as my variable.

Very Respectfully,
Gracen

I am using this clock and these LED lights BTW.

I recommend that you start learning the basics by running the sample sketches using the parts from the kit. Then, you will be ready to take on a more advanced project.

I am planning on doing that first but I want to know what to buy as i have the money right now and I don't know if I will later on. I was hoping to find out if that sound like it would work or...