New to Arduino--mood light with RGB LEDs sensitive to touch?

Hi! I'm very new to the Arduino and maker world, so I wanted to start off small by making a touch-sensitive mood light for my little sister. I have the code for a fading RGB LED of course, and I know how to have the arduino uno sense temperature changes, but I am not sure:

1. how to have a code so that the mood light has the rgb led on, but when a hand touches a particular part of the object (I'm using a 3d printed shape that I'll design holes in), leds in that part goes off and turns off the rgb led.

2. how a bluetooth serial module (BT V.4.0 USB version. Will this work?) would allow the light to work, even if my laptop/android phone is not in range. Is there another way to ensure that the light will keep working, if I can't ensure that a source with the program will be nearby?

I'm sorry for being such an amateur in this, but any help (including further questioning, if need be. I cannot tell if I am being too vague) would be very much appreciated!

There is a capacitive touch library for arduino here.

I don't understand what your asking about bluetooth. Are you also trying to control the lamp using this? The way to build the lamp is to make it all self contained with the arduino microcontroller programmed as you want and then just supply power using a wall wart PSU.

Thank you for responding, and sorry for my dumb questions.
I was just thinking in terms of bluetooth because I didn't know how to upload the program to the board wirelessly without a computer and assumed having the bluetooth would help me there. Plus, if I wanted to add features, it would be useful to have it so that I could run a phone app that she could use to control it.

Will the wall wart allow me to upload the program and have it continue wirelessly, as long as it's receiving charge from the wall? I'm sorry again if this is a dumb question!

Also: I'm a little confused as to how to have it so that the capacitive touch sensor works but simultaneously turns off the rgb led that is currently on and then, once the hand is removed, turns the rgb led back on.

digica72:
Thank you for responding, and sorry for my dumb questions.
I was just thinking in terms of bluetooth because I didn't know how to upload the program to the board wirelessly without a computer and assumed having the bluetooth would help me there. Plus, if I wanted to add features, it would be useful to have it so that I could run a phone app that she could use to control it.
Probably your best option would be to use the Adafruit bluetooth board as it supports hands free bluetooth programming unlike most other cheap BT modules.

Will the wall wart allow me to upload the program and have it continue wirelessly, as long as it's receiving charge from the wall? I'm sorry again if this is a dumb question!
Do you realize that once you upload a sketch to the Arduino you can disconnect the computer and run it (arduino) off a suitable power supply as it remembers the program you uploaded (even after being powered off). No need to keep it connected to the PC so maybe no need of bluetooth?

Also: I'm a little confused as to how to have it so that the capacitive touch sensor works but simultaneously turns off the rgb led that is currently on and then, once the hand is removed, turns the rgb led back on.
You will need to decide how you want the sketch/program to react to the CTS (capacitive touch sensor). It could turn fully on/off per touch. Adjust brightness in steps per touch. Only turn on or off when touched. ETC.