New to Arduino - Need Project Guidance on an idea

Hello All,

I am a total newbie to the Arduino work and it has been a couple of days since I am reading a lot about it.

I have an idea in mind that I think is feasible enough to start exploring and would like to have some guidance about the hardware parts that I can use to get into it quickly.

I have attached the basic sketch that I drew of this setup.

This hardware device will be used to track the MAC ID of any nearby phone and then transit it to a web server.

I need suggestions about which hardware modules to use that are cheap and best.

1. Digital IC Board - I have almost finalized buying an Arduino Uno R3, Let me know if I am buying the right thing to start my first project.
  2. BLE Module - I don’t know much about these modules, but after a quick search, I found out that HM-10 might be suitable for my purpose.
  3. GPRS Module - Not at all sure about this one, maybe a SIM900A?
  4. Power Backup and Supply - Probably something like PowerBoost 500 from Adafruit?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Basic Layout.png

priyanshdwivedi:
This hardware device will be used to track the MAC ID of any nearby phone and then transit it to a web server.

Will you get the phone owner's permission first ?

...R

Yes, anyone within 10m radius will receive a pairing request and after that, the MAC ID will be captured and transferred.

This appears to be a fairly complex project with a number of separate parts. Which parts have you tested to verify that they will actually work?

I am just doing a feasibility check with the products before purchasing them and start experimenting.
Was hoping for some guidance.

priyanshdwivedi:
Yes, anyone within 10m radius will receive a pairing request

Will the pairing request include a message telling the phone owner who you are and that you intend to save the details of his phone?

...R

Yes. This is going to be a legit project with product registration and I am starting this project for a client.