New to Arduino

I am humbled to meet people of varied interest but common interest, i.e technology. I am new to Arduino and I have just downloaded the windows desktop IDE. Please what do I need to do next in order to get my project up and running even after installation of the software?

• Can I design and simulate with Arduino IDE only?
  • Is there a particular kit (General/Universal Kit) I need to buy that works for any kind of project?
  • Which hardware do I need to buy just to get started?
  • What must I do before my programs can be executed?

Thanks in anticipation of your replies.

Bammy

The IDE does not do "simulation" is simply compiles and uploads code.

There is no "universal kit" but the UNO starter kit provides a very good source of starter material and tutorials in easy to follow book form.

See above reply for hardware.

They most be written down in the IDE and COMPILED.

Almost all the lessons in the starter kit are aimed at beginners so by the time you work through it you would be well versed in understanding basic programming and even hardware.
After that you will almost certainly have many ideas and the knowledge to start looking at larger projects specific to your needs.

Thanks for your reply Karma. God bless you.

Bammy:
Thanks for your reply Karma. God bless you.

His name's ballscrewbob, unless we're all named Karma :wink:

Karma's a score.

karma.GIF

karma.GIF

LOL or just plain Bob to the rest of the world.

No karma or praises required there are many better people here than me !
I only said what somebody else would probably have said.

Karma to Bob for humility. :slight_smile:

Bammy:

• Can I design and simulate with Arduino IDE only?
  • Is there a particular kit (General/Universal Kit) I need to buy that works for any kind of project?
  • Which hardware do I need to buy just to get started?
  • What must I do before my programs can be executed?

The IDE is not a simulator.

There are a variety of paces which will sell you an arduino starter kit. These kits usually include

• an arduino
  • a USB cable
  • a breadboard
  • hookup wire
  • a small selection of electronic components (some LEDs, some resistors, some pushbuttons, a light-dependent resistor)
  • a small servo motor

This is enough to allow you to code up some simple "blinkenlights" projects. Google "Arduino starter kit".