New to ariduno need coding help.

So I decided to take on a bit of a more advanced project for something I am working on for myself. I would like to create a delay timer using 10ths of a second. that starts when a button is released. I think I have this part of the code down. but I would also like to display everything on and lcd (I have not used this before) so I would like to create a screen that gives the delay times selectable up to about 10 seconds starting from 0. now once the value is selected I would like to have it stored into the eeprom of the arduino so I don't have to keep selecting the same delay time over and over every time I use it. as far as lcd and eeprom goes I have no idea how to make it work. I have read all the terms and such but being new to C I don't have much know how in the actual writing the code properly.

I've never done it, but you can take some ideas for your code here: LCD Timer

Timer

I suspect you are using the 2*16 character displays. Got a box of those things but rarely use one as the inexpensive graphic displays are so much more fun.

Here is my project page.

Magic Morse uses EEPROM to store settings & also uses the graphic display. Most of the support code is lite-weight.

Have fun!

Ray

Thanks guys the help is always appreciated!

Just, don't use "delay()". I'd use the millis() timer.

Im editing this post.

I got the millis timer down now im into to displaying and setting the timer from an lcd. here is the code so far

#include <LiquidCrystal.h>

const int led = 9; // Led
int button = 7; // Momentary push button
int ledState = LOW; // ledState set for low
unsigned long Timer; // timer set
LiquidCrystal lcd(12, 11, 5, 4, 3, 2); //library with the numbers of the LCD

void setup()
{
Timer = millis();
pinMode (led, OUTPUT); // set the Led pin as output
pinMode(button, INPUT_PULLUP); // set the Button pin as input
lcd.begin(16, 2); // LCD Setup
lcd.print("RPM Trans Brake ");
}

void loop()
{
if (digitalRead(button) == LOW) // Reads the button
{
digitalWrite(led, HIGH); // turns on led after button is pressed
Timer = millis(); // Sets timer
}
if (Timer > 0 && millis() - Timer >= 2000UL) // starts timer after button is released
{
digitalWrite(led, LOW); // Turns the led off after the timer is done
}
}