New Unknown Board

I have a new board that can be attach on top of arduino uno but cant really know what is the board and what it can do. This board was given by my friend and he is nowhere around, so I can’t ask him. Can anyone tell me what this board really is?

20130318_221250.jpg

Drawing a blank ob google hits. keyes 5.1 has been in the forum before tho.

google search indicates Nokia 5110 is an LCD. You can also see a long J6 header layout with D4..D7 labels, which immediately suggests LCD plugin.

My search turned up the Nokia as a phone and the LCM 1602 as an LCD.

Quite obvious a Prototyping-shield with provisions for connecting a HD44780-based LCD display, as well as a Nokia LCD display.

// Per.

Just received this board in a kit from deals extreme (gift)

Took me a while but here is the manufacturers site you can search KEYES ?? ARDUINO on google to find it http://t88.up71.com/Cn/Index.aspx?UserInfo_ID=216640

Also deals extreme link to a good basic introduction to electronics and the Arduino http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=354578&uk=2500272204

But also this link gives us alot of other info http://pan.baidu.com/share/home?uk=2500272204

if any one manages to build this shield please post images

Well, I'm not very good with Chinese, so the links were a but of a bummer for me. I've got the same board in this kit. http://www.ebay.com/itm/321134547275?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 It looks like its a breakout board for some of the components in the kit, but looks like I'd have to run wires from the shield pads to someoftje components. (I'm picturing an ugly spider web of wires hanging off a shield). I'm curious why they desired not to include the SDA, SCL, IOREF, or reset pins.

Your picture is missing mini breadboard.

Prototyping Prototype Shield ProtoShield with Mini Breadboard for Arduino

• 1 reset button, 1 general use button, and 2 LED circuits can be used directly.
  • 5V, GND, and Raw pins are exposed as well.
  • SOIC place for IC
  • The mini breadboard has 170 tie points
  • The breadboard sticks on the prototype shield with its self-adhesive backing.
  • Mini breadboard size: 4.4 * 3.4 * 1cm

sonnyyu: Your picture is missing mini breadboard.

Prototyping Prototype Shield ProtoShield with Mini Breadboard for Arduino

• 1 reset button, 1 general use button, and 2 LED circuits can be used directly.
  • 5V, GND, and Raw pins are exposed as well.
  • SOIC place for IC
  • The mini breadboard has 170 tie points
  • The breadboard sticks on the prototype shield with its self-adhesive backing.
  • Mini breadboard size: 4.4 * 3.4 * 1cm

I know there's a breadboard, but they made the board for a purpose under the breadboard. That's what I'm wondering about.

• Nokia 5110 shield/connector
  • LCD 1602 shield/connector
  • SOIC pad for 78M05 voltage regulator
  • Connection of 10k Potentiometer for 1602 LCD's screen contrast

Hello eveyone, i also have that shield. I've got some questions about it, if anyone could help i'd be grateful. 1)What are those extra "test key" and "test led connected"? Can i controll them from software, or do i need to solder something somewhere? 2)Labeling on the digital pins seems a little off. There is a space between digital pin 1 and 2, so i assumed the header between them was unused. I tested it out and it's not so. Wouldn't this shift all the labels one space over?

I found It. It's a protoboard with the option of making it permanent or temporary. Here it is on sale: http://www.fasttech.com/product/1115500-arduino-compatible-prototype-proto-shield Here's a post about it: http://arduino-for-beginners.blogspot.com/2010/11/arduino-protoshield-mini-breadboard.html

I tried using it to light up an LED but it didn't behave at all. looked at the information and it says it was made compatible with the Duemilanove and considering how it reacted being hooked up to the Uno, they aren't compatible. This bring s up the question of why they, the Keyes 5.1 and the Arduino Uno, are being sold together in kits.

Howdy all,

Bramley did a very nice job of mapping the pads and posted his findings here.

I got one of these in the Inland Arduino Compatible Maker Kit with LCD Display that Microcenter has for sale. Since it was only $40 (on sale from $60) I figured between the UNO R3, the breadboard and the LCD it was worth it.

I think the conversation when they were putting the kits together went something like this:

Bored Worker 1: Hey, what should we do with these boxes of those crappy Keyes cards?

Bored Worker 2: I don't know. Wait, take some of those mini breadboards and through them in that kit we are building and call it a prototyping board.

Bored Worker 1: Brilliant! Simply brilliant.

Bored Worker 2: Stick with me kid and you'll go far.

"I tried using it to light up an LED but it didn't behave at all. looked at the information and it says it was made compatible with the Duemilanove and considering how it reacted being hooked up to the Uno, they aren't compatible. This bring s up the question of why they, the Keyes 5.1 and the Arduino Uno, are being sold together in kits."

I can offer a clarification as to the Uno/Duemailanove compatibility question for this shield. This Protoboard is compatible and designed to work with the inexpensive clone UNO R3 that utilizes the SMT ATmega328p with chp340 USB. I don't know about the Duemilanove as I don't have one, but this board is fine for the above mentioned UNO clone/compatible...

Only difference from Duemilanove to Uno as far as shield goes is the bootloader - same 328P chip, so Duemilanove can be re-bootloaded to an Uno. I bootload all my 328Ps as Uno. My Duemilanoves have been rebootloaded as Unos. Duemilanove uploads go a little slower, 57600 vs 115200, but the sketch and hardware don't see that once the sketch starts. Uno also has extra set of SCL/SDA pins on the Aref header, and a couple extra pins on the Power header, so using newer shields on older (2009) Duemilanove cards may have to deal with some component clearance problems by bending pins to the side some.

The giveaway as to compatibility with this board is the gap between the power and analog headers. It aligns to the pinouts with the Duemilanove and the SMT 328P clone, but would not have proper pinout alignment for a 'classic' UNO.

muleskinnerslide: The giveaway as to compatibility with this board is the gap between the power and analog headers. It aligns to the pinouts with the Duemilanove and the SMT 328P clone, but would not have proper pinout alignment for a 'classic' UNO.

This is incorrect, shields that fit the Duemilanove will also fit on to a Uno.

See Crossroads' reply #14 for accurate detailed information.

I never said the shield would not physically fit the classic UNO. I'm sorry if I somehow implied differently. It will plug in. What I was saying is that you cannot have an exact pin for pin with this shield on a classic UNO. It will likely work, but it's not pin for pin true. A Ground pin will be missing on the shield to the UNO at one point and if you understand that then no big deal. It will physically fit, yes - but the pin is still missing on the shield and this has caused some confusion e.g Jasper-Davis earlier in this thread.