New User - Reacting to RFID Tag

Hey, I’m a new user, but I don’t need to be doing anything extremely complicated.

Currently what I need is for the reader to read the card and then display then carry out the following command - basic Morse code stuff:

int pin = 13;

void setup()
{
pinMode(pin, OUTPUT);
}

void loop()
{

dash(); dot(); dot(); dot();
delay(2000);
dash(); dash(); dash();
delay(2000);
dash(); dot(); dot(); dash();
delay(2000);
dot(); dot(); dot(); dot(); dash();
delay(4000);
}

void dot()
{
digitalWrite(pin, HIGH);
delay(250);
digitalWrite(pin, LOW);
delay(250);
}

void dash()
{
digitalWrite(pin, HIGH);
delay(2000);
digitalWrite(pin, LOW);
delay(250);
}

the ID of the card I want to use is:
31002304392F

Can anyone point me in the right direction for how to learn, or show me some examples or projects that do the same thing, any help is appreciated!
Also, as an aside before I create a topic that is pointless and in the wrong place, I’ve got a Transformer Prime (android, obv) I was wondering If the Arduino software is avaliable for it?

Thanks guys.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for how to learn, or show me some examples or projects that do the same thing

There's the search box at the top of each page for a start.

Then there is http://arduino.cc/playground/Main/InterfacingWithHardware#gotoRFID

There is also google/bing/etc.

I've got a Transformer Prime (android, obv) I was wondering If the Arduino software is avaliable for it?

Assuming you mean the IDE, then no. I'm not aware that anyone has ported avr-gcc to ARM/Android.

Please read 'Read this before posting a programming question ...' - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,97455.0.html

Ok, I've spent quite a while looking over what you sent me, and I really don't see how any of it fits what I need to do, it's all far too complicated for what I know/want to do.

I've tried google but have also come up with nothing.

I just need to set of the LED when the right RFID card is scanned, I can't see anything in the arduino library about this either.

I don't see anything in your sketch that reads an RFID tag. There are a load of threads on this forum on that subject.

I really don't see how any of it fits what I need to do

I think that you are alone there, then. You haven't even mentioned what kind of RFID reader you have. How can you expect someone else to do your homework for you with the most basic bit of information?