New user to Arduino and Forum. Wireless stepper motors

Hi. I have bought 2 Aruino UNO boards R3, and want to build a wireless remote control sending data to control 2 stepper motors and 6 relays. Can someone give any pointers, links to similar projects to get me off the ground. I am new to Forum and could not find a search box. Many than

EDIT: The project is to make a camera tilt/pan. The relays wont have any logic, just need to momentarily power each relay at a time (to set camera functions). I do not need feedback to say my transmission got there as I can see from camera output. I will use cheap 433mhz TX/RX boards. If I can send ADC values (12 values) then I can survive at the receiving end to drive 1 unipolar and 1 bipolar stepper. Thanks

Hi,
Welcome to the forum.

Please read the first post in any forum entitled how to use this forum.

The search window is in the top right hand corner of this page.

What is your electronics, programming, arduino, hardware experience?

What you want to do is possible but involves understanding not just the hardware and process, but to be familiar with the code.
If you have no code experience , I suggest you look at the programming examples in the arduino IDE.
Then when you try to code your project you do it in stages to make sure each function works.

Tom.. :slight_smile:
PS even googling arduino stepper control will find you many examples.

You could use nRf24L01+ 2.4Ghz transceiver modules for your wireless link.

I got my nRF24s working with this Tutorial

I suggest you use the TMRh20 version of the RF24 library - it solves some problems from the ManiacBug version

The pair of programs in this link will probably do most of what you need.

Have a look at Stepper Motor Basics

You may also find some useful stuff in Planning and Implementing a Program

…R

Many thanks both for quick replies and good links. The search bar on my screen is so green and clashing with the header that I did not notice it.
My knowledge of Arduino code is zilch, however found some good links on syntax used so I might just float a bit.
I have used other microcontrollers in the past so okay with driving, and have found articles on running with Arduino. It's really finding how to send ADC values / numeric values from one Arduino to another, ie between 1 to 100 and I can then play with if,else etc to work out a structure to do what I want.

Hope that makes sense just getting the from A to B transmission sorted.

ZOR2:
It's really finding how to send ADC values / numeric values from one Arduino to another, ie between 1 to 100 and I can then play with if,else etc to work out a structure to do what I want.

To a large extent that depends on on the wireless system.

If it is emulating a serial connection then sending data in human-readable format is probably the easiest and the 3rd example (and the parse example) in Serial Input Basics should be useful.

The example code I linked to for the nRF24 transceivers sends native data (INTs, CHARs, BYTEs) with ease

Hope that makes sense just getting the from A to B transmission sorted.

I am not sure what you expect in response to this, beyond the examples I have already provided.

I have not used 433MHz wireless devices myself.

...R

Thanks Robin2, thats good information to read and start with. Should be good with that to try and looks what I want, sending single easy to see/read characters. Regards