[newb question] need help figuring out how to connect multiple gyroscopes to PC

I want to have 12 gyroscopes that are connected to my computer via usb (or any other connection type)
and i want to be able to see their values displayed on the computer . I'm really new to this adruino thing and i have no idea what am i doing So i need information on what parts do i need to buy to archieve this and how do i do it . Thanks :slight_smile: . If you need any specifications on my project tell me but i don't think it is absolutely necessary

We need to know at least the interface you will use if not the part number (or link to data sheet) of the gyro. Is it I2C, analog or what?

You can do it with 12 of these: L3GD20H Triple-Axis Gyro Breakout Board - L3GD20/L3G4200 Upgrade [L3GD20H] : ID 1032 : $12.50 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits ($12.50 each) and an Arduino UNO. Use the SPI interface which has a Slave Select pin per device. That will allow the UNO to read each device in turn and send the data over USB Serial to the PC. The program on the PC has to interpret the data and display it in the format you want.

Lynx_Shiro:
I want to have 12 gyroscopes that are connected to my computer via usb (or any other connection type)
and i want to be able to see their values displayed on the computer

Why?

You will get better answers if people understand what your project is all about.

...R

If possible i want to use cheaper gyroscopes like this ones : www.ebay.com/itm/GY-521-6-DOF-MPU-6050-3-Axis-Accelerometer-Gyroscope-For-Arduino-UNO-Mega2560-R3-/251744821286?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a9d292026 . or something similar . Is this possible ?

That is NOT a description of what you want to do (overall project objective), it is a detail of how you want to do it......

www.ebay.com/itm/GY-521-6-DOF-MPU-6050-3-Axis-Accelerometer-Gyroscope-For-Arduino-UNO-Mega2560-R3-/251744821286?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a9d292026

That is an I2C interface and while you can use it on an Arduino then using 12 will require a bit of trickery because they can only have one out of a possible two I2C address.

The trick is to hook a different Arduino output to each of the twelve ADD pins. This allows the Arduino to set one unit to the primary address to talk to it while all the others are set to the secondary address. This allows the Arduino to talk to each of the devices in turn, much like the SPI interface.