Newbie Arduino Uno startup no usb ports using MAC OS 10.13.6

This is my second setup and I am stumped, my first was an Arduino MEGA 2560 with a Ramps 1.4 board. It setup fine and the Tools/Ports showed a /dev/cu.usbmodem141411 (Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560) for the ports, worked well and the uploads were successful.

Now I have an Arduino UNO (Real thing) using the same usb cable as above and when I go through the setup I get the screen for ports shown in the attached screen shot. No usb modem shows and I cannot upload using either of the 2 ports shown.

When I do a search on the issue I only get results for use with a Windows PC, none of which help with the mac.

I am out of ideas, can someone help or is it the board.

Screen Shot 2019-02-02 at 10.35.16 AM.png

Hello, first to show how new, this not a real arduino but a clone from Amazon with red leds and no Made in Italy or map.

Sorry I did not understand this before creating this question, I found the distinction in another post here.

I did another search but really did not find anything that would help me, should I just send it back and get a real UNO?

Thanks for your patience.

OK I seem to have it working after downloading a CH340G driver.

Next question as a new user is now that I know there are real and clones, how does one know the difference when purchasing on-line.

Are there operational reasons for spending the extra dollars for the real thing? I admit my first purchase was price based as I bought 2 UNOs and 1 MEGA 2560, they have all turned out to be clones.