Newbie button press questions o

Hi,
I have a large flight simulator set up and have purchased a set of 18 ready made buttons driven by an Arduino Leonardo.I want to simply press a button and have it do key press of my choice.
I have the Arduino software installed but I have no idea how to proceed.
The unit appears on the USB Bus. Using the game controller I can register and see the buttons as simple red circles with numerous inside.
I wish to name each button in sequence ARD 1 ARD 2 etc etc.The game Battle of Stalingrad has a main settings page and has default key presses for each function on a list.
I need to press key on new board and see the button on the screen do as well. I then nominate its action from a list with a key press.
PROBLEM IS HOW PLEASE ?
Thank you
David

Supply your code, drawings of the circuit , for starters.

Hi I have no code or drawings just the actual unit and the info I have entered above. I am hoping someone can give me the program I can enter into the sketch panel to to this action. I have little electronic knowledge but can build and fly a 1/4 scale gas turbine model aircraft so i am not a complete waste of time

TWICKENHAMAN1:
I am hoping someone can give me the program I can enter into the sketch panel to to this action.

:o We only help beginners with hardware/code here. Not do the work for them.

Seems you need to arrange the 18 buttons in a 5x4 or 6x3 matrix (9 Arduino pins used).
Read this page.
Leo..

TWICKENHAMAN1:
I am hoping someone can give me the program I can enter into the sketch panel to to this action.

If you just want someone to write a program for you please ask in the Gigs and Collaborations section of the Forum and be prepared to pay.

If you want to learn to program yourself the examples that come with the Arduino IDE are a good place to start. There are also many online tutorials. Also see the Useful Links Thread.

...R

TWICKENHAMAN1:
Hi I have no code or drawings just the actual unit and the info I have entered above. I am hoping someone can give me the program I can enter into the sketch panel to to this action. I have little electronic knowledge but can build and fly a 1/4 scale gas turbine model aircraft so i am not a complete waste of time

So it sounds like you don’t have a problem trying to code an Arduino, you have a problem with some product that you bought that happens to contain an Arduino.

We don’t know what you bought. We didn’t build it. We don’t know who did. We don’t know how it is supposed to work. If we had the code and the wiring for it we might could figure it out. But we can’t just guess what you bought.

If you have questions about the Arduino itself or how to code for it then you’re in the right place. If you want help with whatever product you bought that just happens to be built using an Arduino then you need to ask the people you bought it from or the people who built it. There’s not much anyone here can do for you. We don’t even know what you have.

DELTA /ROBIN 2,
Thank you for the reply.

No, I don’t particularly want to learn the programming technique as I have so many other things to do with my time.
I would just like to have a program to make them work as I was assured they would. If that means a payment then it would have to be but I honestly thought this was an advice and knowledge exchange and not a market place.

I have some photos of the contents of the box having removed the front case and there, sure enough, is an Arduino Leonardo simply wired to eighteen buttons. It looks as if it ought to be simple but maybe not.
I enclose the photos and if you can help I thank you, if not then can you guide me to people that can and I will pay.

In any event I thank you once again for replying and assume to seek a solution elsewhere it seems.

Thank you once again
David

IMG_4567.jpg

IMG_4568.jpg

IMG_4569.jpg

TWICKENHAMAN1:
DELTA /ROBIN 2,
Thank you for the reply.

No, I don't particularly want to learn the programming technique as I have so many other things to do with my time.
I would just like to have a program to make them work as I was assured they would. If that means a payment then it would have to be but I honestly thought this was an advice and knowledge exchange and not a market place.

I have some photos of the contents of the box having removed the front case and there, sure enough, is an Arduino Leonardo simply wired to eighteen buttons. It looks as if it ought to be simple but maybe not.
I enclose the photos and if you can help I thank you, if not then can you guide me to people that can and I will pay.

In any event I thank you once again for replying and assume to seek a solution elsewhere it seems.

Thank you once again
David

It's not that we don't want to help, it's just that it is nearly impossible to help with something that you don't even know what it is. Just seeing a picture doesn't help a lot if we can't get at the code. I don't even know what this thing is supposed to do or how it works. Or who coded it.

You really do have to understand that unless someone here just happens to recognize this thing, nobody here knows anything about it. You might as well be bringing in a piece of alien technology from Star Trek. We can see it has some wires connected to it, but there's no way to figure out how it is supposed to work unless you describe that to us. Right now all we know is that it has some wires and you described seeing red circles.

Please understand that you're holding something that someone made. It's a specific piece and it's not something that every arduino user is just going to be able to immediately identify and work with. It's on you to give us as much information as possible.

If you wanted help and advice I would be all about that. But it sounds like you just want something to work. I think you should ask the person you bought it from. They would be much more likely to know than the people on this forum. If you want to learn to write the code to make it do what you want I'll certainly help with that but that will take time and effort on your part. That's the help and advice part.

If you just want it done for you and have no interest in joining the group or participating or giving back in any way, then PM me for a quote.

IMG_4567.jpg
IMG_4568.jpg
IMG_4569.jpg

TWICKENHAMAN1:
Arduino Leonardo

That is a pro micro...

Here's a great analogy for where you are right now. Imagine you went and downloaded a program from some website and it didn't work. It was supposed to put cat faces on all your pictures but they all came out looking like dogs. You're sure it's one of the settings but you're not sure which one.

Who do you go to for help?

1. The website where you got the shoddy program?

2. The Dell website because that's the computer you happened to be using that day?

?

TWICKENHAMAN1:
The unit appears on the USB Bus. Using the game controller I can register and see the buttons as simple red circles with numerous inside.
I wish to name each button in sequence ARD 1 ARD 2 etc etc.The game Battle of Stalingrad has a main settings page and has default key presses for each function on a list.
I need to press key on new board and see the button on the screen do as well. I then nominate its action from a list with a key press.

I hope I read this correctly:

• The buttons are read correctly.
  • The information is sent to the game controller correctly.
    (the involvement of the Arduino ends here, we're moving on to the game controller).
  • The game controller shows on its display which button is pressed correctly.
  • You want to change what is shown on the display, and what the game controller does with those button presses.

How is this an Arduino problem?

Hi,
I was told that I needed to program the button to be seen as buttons on my hotas and Warthog throttle devices and that is obviously not the case.
I will leave you in peace and pursue my questions elsewhere.

I thank you for your time
David