Newbie here, need help!

Hello everyone!

I am a newbie with arduino. This is my first ever project. I am planning to connect few sensors to an Arduino Bluetooth module. I want to send feeds from these sensors to a mobile application. Is it possible to change the threshold of the sensors using the mobile app, without having the need to connect the hardware to a laptop. For eg ., My pre set threshold for temperature is 65F and can I change the threshold to 90F using my mobile app?

TIA

Hello, you should start off by reading the post at the top of every Forum entitled; "How to use this forum - please read."

Your title of your post should be stated such that it attracts someone with specific knowledge that may be able to help solve your Problem.

Stating a question that is vague, such as "Is it possible to change the threshold of the sensors using the mobile app" does not invite an answer because we don't even know what Kind of sensor it is or how the Arduino sketch (program) talks to the sensor.

Sorry to be of absolutely no assistance, but you've got to give us a Chance to help you.

Sam93:
<…>
I am planning to connect few sensors to an Arduino Bluetooth module. I want to send feeds from these sensors to a mobile application. Is it possible to change the threshold of the sensors using the mobile app, without having the need to connect the hardware to a laptop. For eg ., My pre set threshold for temperature is 65F and can I change the threshold to 90F using my mobile app?

TIA

If the Arduino is just sending temperature data, the mobile application can interpret the data anyway you like; that is, you can set your threshold alarm in the Android application to alarm at any temperature and lower or any temperature and higher, etc. The Arduino need not know anything.

But you will either need to find a pre-written application or write your own. You can get started for free here:
http://appinventor.mit.edu/explore/ai2/tutorials.html

Ray

PS: follow JaBa’s suggestion … it will save you future embarrassment

What do you mean connect sensors to an Arduino Bluetooth module? Do you not own an Arduino?