Newbie, may have bit off more than I can chew...

Hello all,

I AM SUPER NEWB TO THIS... SUPER SUPER NEWB. So please if you can help me out I'd appreciate it.

Using the Leonardo I want 4 buttons to basically become a second 'joystick' or maybe button box is a better way to describe it..?

The only examples I have found that resemble what I want to do use the Audrino as a keyboard and include an LED, which I don't need cause the switches I have have LED's included. And some of the examples have like 40 lines but I'm pretty sure I only need like 4 per button..?

Basically I need help with figuring out -

A: How to write the script to ensure the arduino thinks its either a keyboard or joystick.
B: That I can call the 4 buttons joystick button 12-15 (however thats supposed to look).

So when I push and let go of the button its like pressing x on a keyboard, it goes down... registers to do the thing and then when i press it again it does the thing again.

basically its a button to toggle an action on/off in a game(the game im playing will work that way)

Appreciate any help I can get!

Did you try this?

You can refer to this similar project on Arduino Project Hub and this examples of multiple buttons

"basically its a button to toggle an action on/off in a game(the game im playing will work that way)"

You might use the forum search function in the upper right of this page and search for "button toggle" and similar terms to see past similar discussions..