Newbie needs advise: Cooperative algo

hi all.

I do hope someone here can show me some light on how to build simple cooperative robots especially on the software algorithm. Have been reading up but i think my knowledge is quite shallow and not sure how to proceed. my goal is to build two cooperative robots to collect color pellets within a stipulated frame of time.

Thanks and look forward to any comments/advise. Appreciate!

regards

my goal is to build two cooperative robots to collect color pellets within a stipulated frame of time.

What does one robot need to tell the other? What will the second one do with that information?

What often helps is to think how humans would do it.

Furthermore, are the robots identical, or different with unique /special capabilities?

Most important info is that the robots can tell to each other which area is clean (has no objects)

Thanks a lot, i have doing some reading up and yes you are right, have been trying to visualize what two people will do in a room picking up their respective items. So far i have gathered that in simple pseudo commands

1) i need some way to map the "boundaries" - Mapping 2) i need to know where i am - Localization 3) i need to communicate to others to what they suppose to do under some conditions 4) what i should do under some conditions 5) i need to know where to pick up and how to pick 6) and where to deposit the items..