Newbie programming

Good morning guys
A little while ago I purchased a USB relay board from Numato Labs. The board works good only the command structure is very limited. The commands are sent via a terminal window (Hyper Terminal). I see where the Arduino Duo is programmed with “C”.
Does that mean that I can’t send commands via a terminal window.

A little while ago I purchased a USB relay board from Numato Labs

Link please.

I see where the Arduino Duo is programmed with "C".
Does that mean that I can't send commands via a terminal window.

No idea what those words mean.

If the relay board attaches to a computer through a USB connector then you will not be able to send it commands with an arduino unless you have a USB host shield and some software drivers which you will probably have to write yourself.

Thanks for the reply
The board I purchased is

I fully expect to purchase another that is compatible with the Uno. (Any suggestions needs to be 16 channel Im assuming the Uno can control that many)
The board I have now I send commands using Hyper Terminal (terminal window). This is the preferred method for me. I have being reading that the Uno is used with programming language like C++. Since I have never used that not sure how to do that. I don't want to download a Language program and write scrips and execute them using that software package. I don't mind learning C++ but I want to send the commands using a terminal window.
Rick

Thanks for the link.

I have being reading that the Uno is used with programming language like C++.

No it IS C++ not like it.

I am still not clear what you want to do. If you want to control those relays with a program then you can do that with any language on your computer that talks to the serial port. A good, popular and free language is called "Processing"
However this is an Arduino forum not a Processing one.

If you want to use an Arduino then you have to program it in C++ and you will have to get another relay board.

Thanks
I use an automation program (automate by Network Automation) to send commands to the board through a terminal window.
With this software I can set a time say to turn outside lights on (connected to one of the relays) When the time passes the task starts opens a terminal window, opens communication with com port and sends the appropriate commands to the com port then closes the terminal window.
So can I take the commands from any language and use there are many Hyper terminal, Putty, Tera Term (these terminal emulators are the same as the one built into Automate) to send those commands to the Uno.

So can I take the commands from any language and use there are many Hyper terminal, Putty, Tera Term (these terminal emulators are the same as the one built into Automate) to send those commands to the Uno.

Yes the Uno just like your relay board can accept commands from any of those sources.

Thanks I would like to purchase the board But I need to be sure I can Send a command to turn relay board on pause for 5 min then off. The only way I can do that with the board I have now is th o manually wait 5 then send the command.
Thanks

You can not use the relay board you have with an arduino. I said that, do you understand?

Sorry yes Im aware of that Im going to purchase this

to use with the Uno
But there is no sense in doing this unless there is a command to turn on a relay pause then off in 5 min
Thanks or sticking with this thread probably dumb questions but once I get the board its better for me (hands On)
Rick

Using this board you simply use the digitalWrite command to turn the relay on and off. Treat it just like an LED in the blink sketch. When using this board a digitalWrite LOW will turn the relay on and a digitalWrite HIGH will turn it off.
There are a few ways to do the delay so it will do what you have said.

Thanks for your input
Rick