newbie q's - where should we post?

I was told in a recent newbie q post(about the reset button) that this wasn't the area for newbie q's...
The post seems to have gone.
In my thank you reply I asked where I should have posted my q.

so I can only ask again please...

Where should we post q's? as newbies?

Thank you.

How about "guidance"?

Your post is not gone but moved to the microcontroller section.

Click your username left of the post; click shows posts and you will find all your posts back.

There is no one-rule fits all scenario and there are grey areas. But the Installation and Troubleshooting section states "For problems with Arduino itself, NOT your project" (Arduino being the IDE or boards).

If you read the subtitles of the sections, you will probably get it right.

thank you both!

Valuable starter tips.

By the way, you might want to check your forum notification settings. Ideally, you would have received notifications from the replies on your other topic that would have told you that your topic was still alive and had just been moved to the Microcontrollers. However, I think the forum's default settings cause you to not get notifications for replies on your topics, which is no good. You can find the notification settings by:

• Click on the avatar in the circle at the top right of any arduino.cc page
  • Click "Profile".
  • Forum settings > Edit
  • Settings > Notifications > Notification preferences
  • Check the box next to "Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic."
  • Check the box above "Follow topics I reply to."
  • Set "How frequently to tell me:" to "Strait away".

I also recommend setting all the notification method options to "Receive email" because there have been a lot of reports that the forum's notifications system has problems. I don't know about that because I never use the forum's notifications system.

I don't use notifications :wink: Checking 'updated topics' ten times a day ( :smiley: ) is enough.

The choice of section to post in greatly depends on the question.
Most are specific to different things.
Regardless of your current questions some valuable information below.

Could you take a few moments to Learn How To Use The Forum.
It will help you get the best out of the forum in the future.

Posting tips.

• Your OS and version can be valuable information, please include it along with extra security you are using.
  • Always list the version of the IDE you are using and the board version if applicable.
  • How to insert an image into your post. ( Thanks Robin2 )
  • Add your sketch where applicable but please use CODE TAGS ( </> )
  • Add a SCHEMATIC were needed even if it is hand drawn
  • Add working links to any specific hardware as needed (NOT links to similar items)
  • Remember that the people trying to help cannot see your problem so give as much information as you can

pert:
By the way, you might want to check your forum notification settings. Ideally, you would have received notifications from the replies on your other topic that would have told you that your topic was still alive and had just been moved to the Microcontrollers. However, I think the forum's default settings cause you to not get notifications for replies on your topics, which is no good. You can find the notification settings by:

• Click on the avatar in the circle at the top right of any arduino.cc page
  • Click "Profile".
  • Forum settings > Edit
  • Settings > Notifications > Notification preferences
  • Check the box next to "Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic."
  • Check the box above "Follow topics I reply to."
  • Set "How frequently to tell me:" to "Strait away".

I also recommend setting all the notification method options to "Receive email" because there have been a lot of reports that the forum's notifications system has problems. I don't know about that because I never use the forum's notifications system.

wow, thank you!

thank you Bob