newbie question about arduino/pic programming

right now i am deciding whether to go with arduino or pic... if i learn to program arduino, could i take what i learn and apply it to pic down the road? i guess i am asking if is it easy to bounce back and forth between arduino and pic once i have learned one of them?

bounce back and forth between arduino and pic

Why do you want to? What is accomplished by bouncing between the two?

I've used the Arduino , more powerful and nice IDE. I've used something called a PICAXE which is a a PIC with integrated BASIC, also easy to use.

i guess i am asking if is it easy to bounce back and forth between arduino and pic once i have learned one of them?

Well you will be learning C/C++ to program the arduino. If you use a C/C++ compiler with a PIC then most of the fundamental program knowledge you gain will be directly transferable. What will be different is the specific I/O pin capabilities, internal chip options, software libraries available, etc. None of the difference would prevent you from being successful on one chip once you mastered the other chip. Using a high level language like C/C++ helps ease the transition between processor types.

Lefty

Which platform has cheeper long term cost, if you really get into them? And which one would make the best transistion into a full factory production product? Once I perfect million dollar idea? :slight_smile: $$$$ :slight_smile: