Newbie question

Hello all,

I am new to the Arduino community. I just received my board today.

I have been playing around with the Blink sketch and have a question. The program allows the LED to blink continuously on and off ever second. What I'd like for it to do is to Blink the LED twice fairly quick, pause for 1 second, than blink another LED twice fairly quickly, pause for 1 second and go back to LED 1 and do the same thing all over again. I'm not sure how to do this. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

The program allows the LED to blink continuously on and off ever second.

Yes. You see haw that is done? Turn the LED on. Wait a second. Turn it off. Wait a second. Repeat forever.

What I'd like for it to do is to Blink the LED twice fairly quick

You have to be more specific than that.

delay(fairlyQuick);

won't work.

I'm not sure how to do this.

What are you not sure of. You have defined the requirements, except for what "fairly quick" means. You know how to turn an LED on and off. You know how to wait.

Thanks for the reply,

Sorry for the confusion. I guess what I mean is to just have the LED to blink twice, with xx time between blinks, pause for xx time, than do the same thing for the second LED.

I hope this clears it up.

Hi,

Not a 'Newbie Question' at all, we all have to start somewhere!
Think about the blink sketch like this:

Loop
We turn on the LED
We wait
We turn off the LED
We wait
End of Loop

say we wanted to blink the LED twice in quick succession, then a longer pause, we could just do this:

Loop
We turn on the LED
We wait (short)
We turn off the LED
We wait (short)
We turn on the LED
We wait (short)
We turn off the LED
We wait (long)
End of Loop

So by changing the length of the short and long pauses we can give two flashes in quick succession, then a longer pause. I have not included any code for this, you should be able to fiddle around with the example sketch to get it to work, but if you do need a hand, don't hesitate to reply and ask, it would be a pleasure.

I hope that this has helped,
4r1

If your not confident in programming the Arduino in c you might want to try, http://blog.minibloq.org/

Thanks amouse197. I appreciate the help. As I stated, I'm new to all of this and as like most everything else there is a learning curve. In this case, the obvious was staring me in the face.

Thanks again