Newbie with a NANO!!

Hi all,

I’ve been playing around with a nano for a little while now, and I’m trying to use multiple nanos connected wirelessly to move servos.
On one nano I have 8 Potentiometers, and then on the other connected with a ADAfruit PWM board I have 8 servos, externally powered.
All was good. I got it to work, ONCE

So I went back to the beginning, using one nano, one pot, and one servo.
Uploaded the sketch and it works great, but I noticed the POW and TX lights were on.

When I connect everything else, upload the sketch, a different one for each nano, the POW lights is on and nanos appear dead, no TX or movement at all.

Its not my work, I found a youtube site : https://youtu.be/vBup1uWgVdE
and he has made all the code.

I’m just wondering whether its my Nanos, (elegoo clone) that I’ve damaged somehow?
Any help would be gratefully received.
Thanks,
Jon

#include <Adafruit_PWMServoDriver.h>

#include <SoftwareSerial.h>

#define SW_SERIAL_TX     2
#define SW_SERIAL_RX     3

SoftwareSerial BTSerial(SW_SERIAL_RX, SW_SERIAL_TX);

void setup() {
  // put your setup code here, to run once:
  Serial.begin(9600);
  BTSerial.begin(9600);
}

int tempADC = 0;
int adcPin[8] = {A0, A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, A6, A7};
byte angle = 0;
void loop() {
  // put your main code here, to run repeatedly:

for (int id = 0; id < 8; id ++) {
    tempADC  = analogRead(adcPin[id]);
    tempADC  = min(842, tempADC);
    tempADC  = max(113, tempADC);
    angle = byte(map(tempADC, 113, 842, 0, 180));

delay(5); // must .

BTSerial.write(255);
    BTSerial.write(id);
    BTSerial.write(angle);
  }
}

Thanks

There's nothing in the sketch you posted that would cause the TX LED to light up (e.g. Serial.println()), or cause a servo to move.

When you're in a situation where things aren't working as expected an you're wondering if the Arduino board is OK, it's nice to go back to our old friend the Blink example sketch (File > Examples 01.Basics > Blink). Upload that sketch to your Nanos. If the LED blinks then you know at least something is working.

Back to your project, add some Serial.println() statements to both sketches that provide debug output, then run the sketches with the Serial Monitor open so you can see the output. On the Nano with the potentiometers, you will want to print the values that are being read from the potentiometers. On the Nano with the servos, you will want to print the communication received over the Bluetooth connection.