newee problem with arduino uno r3 with port

hi i need hel like i describe in the title my arduino say s that my serial por is in usage so it cant uplload my program to it so guys if you can help me i ve bought my arduino few days ago and the first time everithing was good whitaout a problem but… the next day i recieve this

Tamaño binario del Sketch: 1.678 bytes (de un máximo de 32.256 bytes)
processing.app.SerialNotFoundException: Puerto serial ‘COM3’ no encontrado. ¿Estás seguro que seleccionaste el correcto del menú Herramientas > Puerto Serial?
at processing.app.Serial.(Serial.java:191)
at processing.app.Serial.(Serial.java:77)
at processing.app.debug.Uploader.flushSerialBuffer(Uploader.java:77)
at processing.app.debug.AvrdudeUploader.uploadViaBootloader(AvrdudeUploader.java:172)
at processing.app.debug.AvrdudeUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(AvrdudeUploader.java:67)
at processing.app.Sketch.upload(Sketch.java:1706)
at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1662)
at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1634)
at processing.app.Editor$DefaultExportHandler.run(Editor.java:2346)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
and the same later but the other saids that my serial port was used by another program and arduino cannot download my program to the boars

sorry because my bad english

I have the same problem so can you please say to me how you solved it .. & thanks

I also have the same problem. Using Adriuno UNO and usb cable to my laptop. I have spent all day trying different scenarios but no go.

It does not load/attempt to load the COM port drivers after the Adruino is installed. If I add a legecy one it usually doesn’t work. I have had one success today. Using the Arduino UNO R3 drivers it compliled and transfered to the micro controller. Then my mouse ball fell and it wont work again.

There are a number of misleading comments about what driver to use. Could someone post a list of what needs to be done, that is install directions.

Even if I get a COM port loaded it says it may not work and has the yellow caution sign on it.

Many thanks in advance!!!

The following procedure will help you install the drivers for your Arduino board on Windows:

Go to Device Manager
Right click the unknown device in Device Manager \ Other Devices
Select Update Driver Software
Select Browse my computer for software
Click Browse button
Select the Drivers folder under the location of your Arduino software installation. (Do not select the FTDI folder inside the Drivers folder)
Click OK
Click Next

Were should the Arduino software be located once it is downloaded and unzipped on WIN 7?

Thanks again,

Bob

I just put it into C:/ and created a shortcut on the desktop