NewSoftSerial "write"?

I have the following code that worked with the Serial.write to my serial display:
This is a portion of the code

Serial.begin(9600);//
strcpy_P(buffer, (char*)pgm_read_word(&(string_table[instrument]))); // Necessary casts and dereferencing, just copy. 
char buffer[30];    // make sure this is large enough for the largest string it must hold
Serial.write(buffer); //works on standard serial port

//Newsoft serial code
#include <NewSoftSerial.h>

Display.begin(9600); 
NewSoftSerial Display(11,10); //Soft TX on 10, Idon't use RX in this code
char buffer[30];    // make sure this is large enough for the largest string it must hold
Display.write(buffer); //doesn't work

//Display.print("test"); works

What do I need to do to get NewSoftSerial to work?

You mean it doesn't compile? How about the error message? Was it:

In file included from sketch_jan19a.cpp:2:
/Users/nick/Documents/Arduino/libraries/NewSoftSerial/NewSoftSerial.h:71: error: conflicting return type specified for 'virtual void NewSoftSerial::write(uint8_t)'
/Applications/Arduino 1.0.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/arduino/cores/arduino/Print.h:48: error:   overriding 'virtual size_t Print::write(uint8_t)'

Have you downloaded the latest NewSoftSerial? (I haven't).

I beleive I have the latest NewSoftSerial

Error is

C:\Users\mike\Desktop\arduino-0022\libraries\NewSoftSerial/NewSoftSerial.h: In function 'void loop()': C:\Users\mike\Desktop\arduino-0022\libraries\NewSoftSerial/NewSoftSerial.h:71: error: 'virtual void NewSoftSerial::write(uint8_t)' is private string:382: error: within this context string:382: error: invalid conversion from 'char*' to 'uint8_t' string:382: error: initializing argument 1 of 'virtual void NewSoftSerial::write(uint8_t)'

Try "print" instead of "write".

Have you downloaded the latest NewSoftSerial? (I haven't).

You are trying to use NewSoftSerial with 1.0. For 1.0, NewSoftSerial is delivered with the IDE, as SoftwareSerial, and the write() method is now public.