Nextion display stuck on SD Card Update

Hi,

I'm trying to upload a tft file from my SD to my Nextion display.

• I've used an SD card (16GB) that I've previously read with other devices
  • I've formatted it with a single partition using FAT32 with fdisk on linux mint
  • I've tried both FAT32 and FAT32 LBA format
  • I've added the single TFT file

When I power up the Nextion (NX472K043), it goes into the following state:

Displays:

Baud: 9600
SD Card Update......

and then nothing happens for a very long time

Can anybody perhaps give me suggestions? Note that I don't have a Windows 10 environment (apart from a VM). Is there any other FAT32 filesystem that I'm unaware of?

Regards,

Werner

Hello Werner,

...then nothing happens for a very long time

It should be obvious within a second or 2 that something is happening.

Sounds to me like you have done everything correctly. The micro-SD card I use is 16GB formatted as FAT32 and has never been a problem.

Has the card you are using ever worked on a Nextion?

I suggest you buy a new SD card of a different make and try that.

Sorry I can't be more help.

PerryBebbington:
Hello Werner,
It should be obvious within a second or 2 that something is happening.

Sounds to me like you have done everything correctly. The micro-SD card I use is 16GB formatted as FAT32 and has never been a problem.

Has the card you are using ever worked on a Nextion?

I suggest you buy a new SD card of a different make and try that.

Sorry I can't be more help.

Hi Perry,

I've read somewhere that formatting the SD with Windows10 FAT32 formatter did the trick for some. Perhaps it has something to do with the Cluster Size, as I don't see a reason why Linux FAT32 formatters would be any different - that is, why Nextion screens specifically wants a Windows10 formatter?

Anyway, I ended up reformatting the SD on Windows 10 of a friend and everything worked after that... strange. The actual SD card that was initially formatted using Linux Mint FDisk could be seen in Windows10 prior to my reformatting. Perhaps someone can comment on exactly what the requirements of the Nextion screen is wrt. formatting of the SDs (apart from it needing to be FAT32).

Kind regards,

Werner

++Karma; // Thanks for the update, it's good to know how people eventually resolve their problems.