Nextion Editor - Create circular progress bar / slider

Hi.

I am using Nextion Editor and would like to know if it is possible to make a progress bar / slider circular.

It cannot be used by an image that changes, since the range of values it will represent very very wide and would then require 1000 images to simulate loading progress.

Any code, example or documentation to make a progress bar or round / circular slider?

Thank you !!

Hello javichuteck,

I am using Nextion Editor and would like to know if it is possible to make a progress bar / slider circular.

The progress bars and sliders are linear.

It cannot be used by an image that changes, since the range of values it will represent very very wide and would then require 1000 images to simulate loading progress.

The very most you would need for a NX8048T050_011 (from your other post) is 800 to give you a resolutions of 1 pixel along the longest (800 pixels) side of the display. There is no point going higher than that as the resolution of the display means it could not be displayed anyway.

If you study the Nextion instruction set you will see there are various commands for drawing things, you could use these to create your own progress bars in whatever shape you like. I have used the draw commands for creating a grid on the display, but I have no experience of using them for anything curved.

I would consider what you want to achieve to be 'advanced', I suggest you learn the basics first.

Have you seen my tutorial at the top of the displays' forum?

I have been programming professionally for 18 years.
I work in other languages and architectures (in PHP, Java, Javascript, HTML, CSS) (all web environment)

Therefore, yes, I have advanced programming knowledge, and if you saw what I am assembling ... it is very advanced.

What I'm not familiar with is the components or uniqueness of Nextion, and that's why I have this kind of question.

I did not think about drawing with programming. I am doing almost everything from Nextion Editor

I will review the link you have mentioned to me for more information and to make things better.

Thank you very much for the help and the speed in responding!

I have been programming professionally for 18 years.

OK, good, then you have a good start. The Nextion language is like a simplified version of C, I call it C--.

I took the decision early on to do most of the processing on the host processor and just send updates to the Nextion. You don't have to do it that way of course.

The concept is that I am assembling a very very attractive visual environment, and that requires the good use of the Nextion Studio program.

So I was trying to see the possibility of doing everything from him.

But maybe for programming, I can mix both ways.

I will try, and if not, I will try to change the design resource for something simpler, but just as attractive.

Thank you so much for the comments.