nfc communication

I recently bought the adafruit nfc breakoutboard for the arduino and i want to make a monitoring check-in check-out station. I want the mifare cards manufacture id value to be a persons special id, and i want to monitor how long they've been in a certain location(nfc card inrange =person arrived, out of range =person left). Then i would send this information to a c program that would keep track how long a user has been checked in and stored it in a database.

peusdo wise: -when in range get mifare information (basically reading entire card, through passive-id command in the pn532.h) -get pc time once connected (through getpctime function) -once out of range get an end time -send mifare information, start time and end time to a c program

problems encountered: -getting an end time properly (whenever theirs no card it's always getting an end time i need it to get an end time only if the card has been connected first) - sending all this information to my c program

I thought of writing the information to a text file but i read that arduino doesnt support writing to text files. Is it possible that i can send all the information serially to my c program? Never done serial communication so i dont know how i would get my c program to get the information...

Any suggestions for my 2 problems would help monumentally

getting an end time properly (whenever theirs no card it's always getting an end time i need it to get an end time only if the card has been connected first)

This implies that you have a start time. Do you?

sending all this information to my c program

Have you tried UPS? They deliver better service generally than USPS.

I thought of writing the information to a text file but i read that arduino doesnt support writing to text files.

Perhaps you just need to install a larger hard drive on your Arduino. What size do you have now? What operating system are you using on the Arduino?

Is it possible that i can send all the information serially to my c program?

Of course.

Never done serial communication so i dont know how i would get my c program to get the information...

Gee, I don't know either. That Serial instance of the HardwareSerial class just seems so poorly documented. I mean there is only a few methods documented, and hardly any examples.

Any suggestions for my 2 problems would help monumentally

http://mattgemmell.com/2008/12/08/what-have-you-tried/

yes i do… using the getpctime function…

I fixed my problems tho… CreateFile() function in C also reads from a port so i can now read the information my arduino is sending :slight_smile:

I knew how to do the serial com of arduino, i guess my question was more of a Visual studio c question and not an arduino one… my bad for posting on the forum :blush: