NFC reading help!

So i'm doing a project with an nfc reader and a mp3shield and some rgb leds and right now i need to start it all up with the arduino polling for nfc cards, and when the the corresponding one has been read its supposed to start some sound and leds.

But I'm having some problems with how to properly use the nfc reader. The one I'm using is the Adafruit Nfc/rfid reader NFC/RFID reader and so far i've been able to get it to read and write the 4th block with my own text but I can't seem to write a proper loop of how to identify that section of the nfc card.. The build in examples throws me both the Hex chars and the data,

success = nfc.mifareclassic_ReadDataBlock(4, data);
        if (success)
        {

// Data seems to have been read ... spit it out
          Serial.println("Reading Block 4:");
          nfc.PrintHexChar(data, 16);
          nfc.PrintHex(data, 16);
          Serial.println("");

but i want to separate the text only and then compare it to a string to see if it matches, and if it does it will go into that loop. So if anyone with some experience could help me out I would be very grateful!

but i want to separate the text only

What "text only"?

You need to pay a visit to http://snippets-r-us.com.

hygea:
::::SNIP::::
but i want to separate the text only and then compare it to a string to see if it matches, and if it does it will go into that loop. So if anyone with some experience could help me out I would be very grateful!

hygea,
have you tired Serial.println(data);? If you do, it's likely to be a mess, but try.

Also, we don't have documentation for these function calls, so we can't help you with this.

nfc.PrintHexChar(data, 16);
          nfc.PrintHex(data, 16);

TIA
Jesse

I managed to solve it by using the nfcAdapter library by identifying the id of the card instead of writing my own bytes to it, so for my implementation this was enough since i can separate the different cards and compare the id to a string with that id.