NFC to Arduino Help

Hello, I was just wondering how I would hook up my homemade Near Field Communication coil to my Arduino Mega. Thanks!

I don’t suppose duct tape would work. We are not psychics here. A few of us are psychotic, but that’s not going to help you.

A schematic would be useful.

Here is a picture. I am unable to make a schematic for it. I just need to know where the two end parts of the wire go on the Arduino Mega. I compared it to a mini breadboard for size. It is extremely simple. It is only a coil of copper wire with two ends to it.

You might want to study how a near field contact device actually works. The Arduino would be measuring the change in magnetic field caused by a NFC card moving near the antenna. To have a change, there first must be a magnetic field. Do you know how to accomplish that? Then, there must be a way to sense the change. Do you know how to do that? Do you know how big the change is(n't)? Do you know what you need to do in order to make the change observable by an Arduino?

Right now, I'd say that the answer to your initial question is You can't.

I thought it would be possible if they have the NFC shield and NFC modules that have 2 ends to it and just process it regularly. Would it be the module/shield that converts it to the values?

I thought it would be possible if they have the NFC shield and NFC modules that have 2 ends to it and just process it regularly.

Wow, there are so many assumptions you made in that one sentence that is difficult to know where to begin.

They? Who are they?

The NFC shield? Which NFC shield? Which NFC modules? What has 2 ends?

What does "process it regularly" mean? What sort of "processing" are you envisioning? What is "it" that is being processed? What does "regularly" mean? As in taking a dump every day? Or as in not in some non-standard way?

Would it be the module/shield that converts it to the values?

"it"? "values"?

Lol. The NFC reader has 2 ends. Do I have to get the module to plug it in to like this? Or would I have to just get this. By process, I mean transfer NFC data back and forth from the Arduino to the NFC tag

Your first link resulted in a 403 - Forbidden message. Your second link is to some hardware that you should actually get.

Does this work?

AdamAngle:
Does this work?

The link? Or the hardware? The adafruit shield would be a better choice for you, IMO.

(The link worked.)

The link was what I asked if it worked. I will try the shield. Thanks very much.
(Adds 1 Karma)