Nick gamon

I actually was using a iPhone And I didn't like u anyway This website doesn't help you out! They are just people who are mean Go to Some dude named avr won't let me upload code And that proves it >:(

LM317: I actually was using a iPhone

To compile your sketch?

Nicks a really nice guy and he tried to help you even though you were obtuse and tried to make that as hard as possible. That he finally gave up wasn't a sign of meanness. There are some people you just can't help.

This website doesn’t help you out!
They are just people who are mean

Try the other website.

Is it just me or does it seem like the chances of someone calling us all mean are inversely proportional to the level of intelligence they show when posting. Sometimes I can see it coming before the first reply goes up.

Let's have a pity patry, 1, 2, 3 ......

LM317: And I didn't like u anyway This website doesn't help you out! They are just people who are mean Go to Some dude named avr won't let me upload code And that proves it >:(

Not another one?

I don't understand this sort of problem. There seems to be a big failure in learning about how society works.

If I want to join a club I assume I will be expected to fit in with the style and general approach of the existing club members. If I don't want to do that I just don't join the club.

I am not saying that clubs should never change - that would be silly. But I wait until I am an established member in good standing and know that I will get some democratic support for changes before suggesting them.

I do not set out to antagonize the existing members by saying they are all sh*theads the day after I get my membership card.

...R

[quote author=Groucho Marx]“PLEASE ACCEPT MY RESIGNATION. I DON’T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER’.[/quote]

(sp. "Gammon")

I have always thought of Nick as a helpful and knowledgeable member. However I have not been conscious of the OPs contributions.

We all need to look at ourselves before we complain about someone else.

Weedpharma

LM317: Some dude named avr won't let me upload code And that proves it >:(

Silly question, but, you are aware that AVR Dude is the compiler aren't you?

Weedpharma

http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=177831.0

weedpharma: Silly question, but, you are aware that AVR Dude is the compiler aren't you?

Weedpharma

Nah, it's the program that loads the compiled hex onto the board. GCC is the compiler.

LM317: I actually was using a iPhone And I didn't like u anyway This website doesn't help you out! They are just people who are mean Go to Some dude named avr won't let me upload code And that proves it >:(

AWWWWWWWW!

Come back and troll some more!

Wait, so he was trying to upload a sketch onto an iPhone? lol.

We have the Karma meter. It should be Good Karma and Bad Karma.

LM317:
I actually was using a iPhone
And I didn’t like u anyway
This website doesn’t help you out!
They are just people who are mean
Go to
Some dude named avr won’t let me upload code
And that proves it >:(

I watched that thread about some dude named avr, and it was nonsense. There was nothing mean posted there. There were questions asked of the original poster to get clarity about what was happening so help could be provided. Over and over. And the thread got nowhere. Appropriate information about the code, error messages, procedures followed to create or reproduce the errors (if there were any), and other pertinent information was never provided. It is still a big mystery about what the problem was, and nobody reading that thread will be able to even figure out if there was a problem at all, even after reading all 4 pages and 51 posts in it. The original poster was not forthcoming with information at all. The thread needed to be locked. Making people guess what is going on, wasting time of forum members, and ignoring questions asked for further details is called trolling and is a violation of forum etiquette (for any forum).

Yup, a classical slow troll. How many posts does the OP have in it? If just the first then well played to that troll!

Hi, LM317 can I ask a question.

Did you manage to fix your avrdude problem, can you now upload code?

Tom.... :)

Delta_G:
Nah, it’s the program that loads the compiled hex onto the board. GCC is the compiler.

Close but not a winner for me!

Still, it is part of the compile and load process.

Weedpharma

Doesn't your local library have high-speed internet? We've had usb-port access at the libraries for over ten years now, for a while before they only allowed formatted 3.5 floppies. When I had dialup I would get my big downloads at the library onto a flash drive. 800 MB wouldn't take 20 minutes, at home maybe as many hours. Anyone can get that in or close to any city here. A laptop or tablet can get free net at coffee shops, that's an old thing.

travis_farmer: all that is offered at the book store.

I like books. You can browse them in a way that is not possible on the internet - and put post-it notes to mark places.

Back in the day (not that long ago) I spent a lot on programming books. Recently I threw a bunch of them in a skip because they were worthless even to a charity shop.

...R