NIOS-II Debug Configuration - Can't Set Project Name

Hello All,

I thought I would try this here - I've been able to get one of the projects (graphics) to load under the NIOS-II Eclipse debugger - and when setting the Debug Configuration - I can see the USB Blaster (note I did enable SignalTap) - but I can't set the Project Name - a little red asterisk shows in the debug configuration upper left window pane - so the debug session can't commence.

I've read all I can find on this in the Intel/Altera docs - AFAIK I've followed all of those instructions.

Has anyone else seen this that's trying to run the debugger? I wonder why it appears to be so difficult to set the project name when the project has a name.

I did catch a quick message that said the reason the debugger wouldn't start is because the project name wasn't set in the debug configuration. I tried hitting tab, up/down arrow, space, etc to no avail to get the project name drop down box to be able to be edited/filled.

This should be possible with the lite tools - there's no licensing anymore apparently with the NIOS-II Eclipse-based embedded toolkit other than enabling some of the IP like transceiver debuggging.

Thanks In Advance,
John

Hi,
in order to debug using eclipse you have to import the project into eclipse as a nios project as eclipse allows debugging either external elf files or files generated via projects in the workspace.

to import a project and its bsp you have to select file->import->import NIOS IISoftware Build Tools project

Dario,

I was trying this initially on the peripherals build; when I tried the graphics build - it worked - so, I will try to determine why it didn't work on the peripherals build.

Thanks,
John

Also - the issue was with pointing the import at the correct place - like ..._graphics and ..._peripherals.
I was pulling the ..._lite_xx dir in - and it wouldn't populate the Project entry in the debug configuration.

Easy to goof that in the current directory configuration.

Regards,
John