Nixie Clock - Could really do with some help!

I have a ArduiNIX Tube Driver Shield, and I was wondering if I could use the Nixie tubes I have here with the following markings:

OTX 30 ??-16 9107

I'm assuming this means they are a Russian IN-16 type?

I have looked at the forum arduinix forum, and someone has posted asking if they can use IN-16 type, but it has no reply and seems quite dead, so thought Id ask here.

If these are usable, I could also help with the layout for the Tube Board......would I just use this schismatic, and switch out the right socket size for the IN-16 ?

OK looking at that schematic, I’m guessing I don’t do it like that, as my tubes have 13 legs, not 10 :fearful:

Give me some time to find my unfinished Nixie project, I just put it away. The "problem" is as you just discovered - these are non standard sockets. I build adapters for them to fit on layout. I think unless you have the miniature type ( wires) they all are about the size on "large" Noval tube. I have a small Eagle layout and a spare 1/2 board ( will explain later) somewhere too. Give me couple of days to get organized. Of course you know you need some high DC to run them. Cheers Vaclav

Thanks so much Vaclav! XD

I will start populating the arduino driver shield in the meantime, as I have all the nixie drivers and passive components for that.

Working on anything with vacuum tubes, that's not a guitar amplifier is new to me!

I did not realize you have the PCB. Make SURE your tubes DO NOT USE the "accelerator" ( not sure about the term) electrode, I did not see it on the schematic. Some have them. It suppose to control the multiplexing flicker. 13 pins is good indicator you got this silly electrode.

Like to see the shield schematic, just for kicks.

Here is the schematic XD

I got the PCB a few year ago, and its been sat in a draw.......but now I'd like to build it as a Christmas present (hope iv given myself enough time!).

But, the main problems it looks like I will have are:

A: I only have the 6x IN 16 tubes (as I like the tall tubes, not the smaller round ones lie the IN 17) B: the arduino code is for 6x IN 17 tube

So Im throwing my self on the mercy of the forum here! (really don't want to just buy one of there IN 17 tube boards if I can get it to work with the better look IN 16 and a DIY PCB)

(and the eagle files are here http://www.arduinix.com/Main/ArduiNIX_Shield_v3.zip

Could someone double check my work here?

Have switched out the IN17 tubes from the websites layout for the IN16 tubes I have, and think Iv got the pin out right? (Im guessing using there code is going to save me a heap of time, so easier to edit the hardware rather then the software! :cold_sweat:)

[/URL]