I did not understood you setup.
- What is your pc-to-n2k converter
- Where do you have MAX232CPE? For CAN you should use CAN tranceivers
- What do you mean "...see some data in actisense listener"? Are you using my Arduino example ActisenseListener with Actisense "NMEA Reader" PC sw?
There is new Arduino example ActisenseListenerSender, which can read and send data. With that you:
- Connect Arduino CAN to N2k bus.
- Open Actisense "NMEA Reader" to the programming port.
- Open "NMEA Simulator" to native port.
Now if you enable PGN:s for sending on "NMEA Simulator", you should see them on "NMEA Reader" and also simulated devices on your Garmin or Lowrance. Note that on "NMEA Simulator" you must set device source addresses different than devices you have on N2k bus. "NMEA Simulator" can not yet do Address Claiming.
If you want to send wind data to the N2k bus, take first the example WindMonitor. There you need only to write your code for functions double ReadWindAngle() and ReadWindSpeed() and it will send wind data to the bus. Not that to write N2k, you do not write any NMEA0183 messages to com port. You have to create N2k message and send it as in example void SendN2kWind().
Download newest version of NMEA2000 library and "NMEA Simulator". I have done several fixes within few days.