NMEA library trouble

having trouble with the NMEA library, can be found here http://www.maartenlamers.com/nmea/
Using IDE 0017,
Even the examples that come with the library don't compile properly,
the IDE highlights "#include <nmea.h>" as the problem.

Any and all help appreciated!

the IDE highlights "#include <nmea.h>" as the problem.

It does more than that. It tells you specifically what the problem is. Now, what it tells you might not mean anything to you, but it might to us.

So, tell us what error messages you are seeing.

This is the code I verified,

#include <nmea.h>
NMEA gps(ALL);
void setup()
{}
void loop()
{}

these are the errors i receive,

documents/arduino/hardware/tools/avr/lib/gcc/../../avr/include/stdlib.h:111: error: expected unqualified-id before 'int'

documents/arduino/hardware/tools/avr/lib/gcc/../../avr/include/stdlib.h:111: error: expected `)' before 'int'

documents/arduino/hardware/tools/avr/lib/gcc/../../avr/include/stdlib.h:111: error: expected `)' before 'int'

Bad error line: -2

Did you read this note on the page you linked to:

Arduino Users

This library was developed for Wiring boards, the more powerful predecessor of Arduino. I do not have an Arduino board, so I could not test it, but I heard reports that Arduino's do not have enough memory. It runs fine on Wiring boards.
Based on my NMEA library, Mikal Hart created TinyGPS for Arduino. It does not contain the "distance_to" and "course_to" functions, however.

Yes, i did, but under arduino IDE 0015 & 0016 it worked fine. since i have updated to 0017 it has not worked.

How about under 18? How about, in the future, you mention stuff like this in the first post?

just downloaded and ran it under 0018, here are the error codes,
i think they are the same as before...

arduino-0018/hardware/tools/avr/lib/gcc/../../avr/include/stdlib.h:111: error: expected unqualified-id before 'int'

arduino-0018/hardware/tools/avr/lib/gcc/../../avr/include/stdlib.h:111: error: expected `)' before 'int'

arduino-0018/hardware/tools/avr/lib/gcc/../../avr/include/stdlib.h:111: error: expected `)' before 'int'

Bad error line: -2

i had it running on both an arduino duemilanove 328, and an arduino mega, under IDEs 0015, 0016, without problems.

As you might be able to tell I am new here and I really don't know what to do, but if anyone can give any suggestions that would be great. Ideas anyone?

No Clue,

Edit the nmea.h library as stated here:

Also, before including nmea.h in your sketch, include math.h
It worked for me, so I hope it helps you.

-Nick

Sorry, I forgot the link:

http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1260511362

Thanks, but I started that discussion as well. But for everyone else wondering if this has been fixed, yes it has, and the library I posted in the above link works extremely well.