No access to YUN

Hello everyone!

I went through the beginning of a tutorial to connect the YUN to my student residence wifi, however this didn't work.*I suspect it has something to do with my residences wifi policy (the provider is ASK4 wireless).

Anyways, I wanted to try and connect the YUN to another network (my phone's hotspot). This does not work because I am no longer able to access the dear aduino. He does not appear on the wifi networks. Neither can I get him to recognized via ethernet cable. I tried resetting the board by pushing (independently, both) reset buttons for 30s. Good old plugging in and unplugging didn't help either :/

Anyone have any ideas?

• This is the message I got

"The server at arduino.local can't be found, because the DNS lookup failed. DNS is the network service that translates a website's name to its Internet address. This error is most often caused by having no connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be caused by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventing Google Chrome from accessing the network."

Try this guide to reset the Yun to factory settings http://playground.arduino.cc/Hardware/Yun#restoring_a_yun

Hey there,

Thank you for your tip!

I am not sure why exactly the Yun disappeared, but he is back!

And generally, it seems the little guy is a little moody and needs about 2-5 mins before he appears on the port (even when things are working).

My issue from yesterday wasn’t overfilling my linux flash, but the following:

There are 3 possible reset buttons on the Yun, not 2 as I previously thought.
The one next to analogue in 4 (YUN RST), I believe this is for the purely arduino bit of the board. Then there is the one next to the ethernet cable (32U4 RST), this should be the linux bit of the fellow. And then there is the really subtle side button the lower lefthand side, next to the USB (WLAN RST).

Basically, if anyone needs to resent the WLAN its the side button that should interest you.

BonnieB:
The one next to analogue in 4 (YUN RST), I believe this is for the purely arduino bit of the board. Then there is the one next to the ethernet cable (32U4 RST), this should be the linux bit of the fellow.

You’ve got them backwards:

• YUN RST - resets the Linux OpenWRT processor (AR3391)
  • 32U4 RST - resets the Arduino processor (ATmega32U4)