No green light

Hi all,

I'm very new to all this, so please excuse any questions that seem very basic.

I bought an Arduino Mega 2560, and plugged it into my computer's USB today, but I didn't get a green light. Instead I got a blue light labeled ON, and a blinking orange light labeled AREF.

Is my board faulty?

Griff:
Hi all,

I’m very new to all this, so please excuse any questions that seem very basic.

I bought an Arduino Mega 2560, and plugged it into my computer’s USB today, but I didn’t get a green light. Instead I got a blue light labeled ON, and a blinking orange light labeled AREF.

Is my board faulty?

Regradless of what color the ON led is, if it’s lite up it means the board has power on, as it should being plugged into a live USB port. The led near the Aref pin, is the pin 13 activity led and blinking means it probably has the sample blink sketch loaded on it and it’s running.

Start loading up other example sketches from the Arduino IDE examples files. Oh, and have fun. :wink:

Lefty

Thanks for that! I actually JUST got an email from the eBay seller I bought the board from, and he has said he’s used blue instead of green. I guess I was also looking for the PWR label to light up, as it says on the Getting Started pages. :slight_smile:

so either way, all is good now!

The relentless march of the Ebay knock-offs....... ;)

pluggy: The relentless march of the Ebay knock-offs....... ;)

Blue is the new Green