No input files?

i recently tried to compile some simple code and got an error
"Arduino: 1.8.16 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino Uno"
avr-gcc: error: @C:\Windows\TEMP\ccgetONt: Invalid argument
avr-gcc: fatal error: no input files
compilation terminated.
lto-wrapper.exe: fatal error: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-gcc returned 1 exit status
compilation terminated.
c:/program files (x86)/arduino/hardware/tools/avr/bin/../lib/gcc/avr/7.3.0/../../../../avr/bin/ld.exe: error: lto-wrapper failed
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino Uno.
This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.
"
What should I do to get the files, I tried re-downloading it.

Try disabling your virus scanner for 10 minutes, and try again.

should in re-download it while its off?

That's the whole idea. Uploading, really...

it didnt work same error, i tried opening a file that said wasnt working and i couldnt open it,
C:\Windows\TEMP\cc4VRXiL
it wouldnt let me open the TEMP file

Do you have admin privileges on the PC? Can you post the "simple code" in code tags please? Or, have you tried uploading the Blink example sketch?

I tried blink and i got the same error and i do have admin priveliges.

Try re installing Arduino IDE.

ive tried that a lot

Please mention up front, all the things you have tried already, to avoid wasting time.

i said that in the first message but what should i do now?

Oh, I see... 'it' was the IDE. Well, then I don't know. Maybe someone else has some insight. Did you make absolutely sure all your compile options were set right? For example, the right board selected? It really is an Uno?

it says uno on the board and ive tried compiling it on other types of boards, i dont know the proper compile settings but nothing looks like it would stop it

I fixed the problem it was seaching for the files in a place where they werent so i downloaded the files to that specific folder and it worked!

1 Like

What files should I download. i get the same problem

help help