No Internet connection

I upgraded using the web panel method and everything seemed to go fine but I have no internet connection. I cannot connect to the Yun with a web browser or see the Yun in Bonjour. Also, the WLAN light is not coming on either.

I did connect using YunSerialTerminal and tried to ping Google. The Network is unreachable.

root@Arduino:/# ping 74.125.224.72
PING 74.125.224.72 (74.125.224.72): 56 data bytes
ping: sendto: Network is unreachable
root@Arduino:/#

What's odd is if I type ifconfig, it seems like the wlan is fine.

wlan0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 90:A2:DA:F3:18:4E
inet addr:192.168.240.1 Bcast:192.168.240.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:18 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
RX bytes:0 (0.0 B) TX bytes:3538 (3.4 KiB)

How do I get the Wifi / internet back?

When you update the Linux firmware, it resets the WiFi settings back to defaults. That means it will once again act as an access point to which you connect and configure your desired network settings. Did you do this? It will not remember your old network settings and connect to your network, you have to reset them manually.

Thanks. I've got it now.
Forgot I needed to find the actual Yun Wifi broadcast instead of the web address.
I shouldn't try to do these things when I'm not awake yet.

So can I connect to Yun wifi when board is not connected to internet?
How should I set the board to accomplish this task?

jumpjack:
So can I connect to Yun wifi when board is not connected to internet?

You should start a new thread, as this is a different question than the original.

You don't need an Internet connection to be able to use and communicate with the Yun. However, the Yun does need an Internet connection if you are going to use many of the Linux tools that allow installing software, such as opkg. But assuming you just want to program and access the Yun from another computer on your local network, no Internet connection is needed.

How should I set the board to accomplish this task?

You would simply set up the Yun according to the Getting Started Guide.