No more school discipline problems

Trump is going to get teachers to carry guns.

"Do you feel lucky, punk? Sit down and shut up"

...R

What we need is more meth.

Robin2:
Trump is going to get teachers to carry guns.

You know who the gun touting maniac is going to shoot first don't you.

TomGeorge:

Sure. And s/he will already be standing up in front of the class for an easier draw :slight_smile:

...R

TomGeorge:

Is the answer Trump?

I hear the teachers are a little mad about the orange one's latest suggestion but calling them maniacs is a bit harsh.

[caution]May contain satire.[/caution]

Robin2:
Sure. And s/he will already be standing up in front of the class for an easier draw :slight_smile:

...R

Yup, madness. Some kid will push some teacher too far and that will be that.

I guess the teachers are going to be given superior firepower, they are not going to be expected to stand up to assault rifles with Saturday night specials are they?

ardly:
Yup, madness. Some kid will push some teacher too far and that will be that.

More seriously ... What happens when some smart-ass kid pretends to have a gun to see how the teacher will react?

...R

Robin2:
More seriously ... What happens when some smart-ass kid pretends to have a gun to see how the teacher will react?

...R

Darwin wins.

Robin2:

...R

"easier target"

The gun person will be gun toting ready to fire, the target is trying trying to teach students who have their heads buried in their smarty phones... :o :o

If they let me have a gun, those kids would learn stoichiometry a hell of a lot faster! :o :o :o

ChrisTenone:
If they let me have a gun, those kids would learn stoichiometry a hell of a lot faster! :o :o :o

And how to pay attention in class and count.

I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?"
Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question:
"Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?

If they let me have a gun, those kids would learn stoichiometry a hell of a lot faster!

Maybe if the kids had guns, you would teach it a hell of lot better. :slight_smile:

TomGeorge:

"Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?

IIRC the next line was "I gotta know"

...R

" I gots ta know"

TKall:
Maybe if the kids had guns, you would teach it a hell of lot better. :slight_smile:

I have been threatened by gun-toting students twice in the past 30 years. My teaching has also improved over the past 30 years. Positive correlation, so yeah, I guess you are right.

ChrisTenone:
I have been threatened by gun-toting students twice in the past 30 years. My teaching has also improved over the past 30 years. Positive correlation, so yeah, I guess you are right.

What do you teach?

Delta_G:
What do you teach?

chemistry

ChrisTenone:
chemistry

Awesome. That's what I thought when you said stoichiometry. I'm a chemist by trade myself.

Delta_G:
Awesome. That's what I thought when you said stoichiometry. I'm a chemist by trade myself.

:wink: It's a secret society code word for us chemists.

Though nowadays I just fix instruments. Had to get out of the research game. When you do that business and do it right, 99.99% of what you do is failure. You’re looking for that one in a thousand where you find something that works. After a while, that grinds you down. I needed a job where I could be successful most days.