No ports other then /dev/cu.Bluetooth-Incoming-Port

Hello! Please help me.

I am setting up my new Arduino Uno on my Mac 10.15.5.

I have downloaded the IDE, and I plug in the board and select the correct board but under port then only thing that comes up is /dev/cu.Bluetooth-Incoming-Port.

Do I need to install any divers and if so how do I do that?

I looked through the forum page and nothing has helped.

Thank you, have a good day

Nicole

I'm not a Mac user but if /dev/cu.Bluetooth-Incoming-Port comes and goes (based on Arduinbo connected/disconnected), it's the correct entry to use.

It does not come and go, it is always there. How do I get another port to show up?
I also tried it on a windows computer and no COM ports show up in the device manager or under tools.
Any other ideas?

Under Windows, does it show up under unknown devices? If so, you might have a clone with CH340 chipset and you need to install the driver. To my knowledge, a Mac should already have this driver installed; but I might be mistaken. You can find the driver for Windows, Linux and Mac here in case you need it; don't worry about the Mandarin.

Other thoughts:
1)
Is the USB cable properly inserted at both sides? Just the ON light coming on does not mean that the cable is fully inserted.
2)
You might have a broken cable.

After that, I'm out of options.

Hello!

I also use a mac, and I experience this same problem every once in a while.

Make sure that the usb cable port on the arduino is not loose. If you bought the arduino starter kit, the plug on the arduino can be squished by the plastic holder, causing a faulty connection. If this is the case, loosen the screws holding the arduino to the plastic piece.

This happened to me another time, but I cannot remember what I did to fix it, as it was a few years ago. Try this, and if it doesn't work, I will search my memory for a second solution.

Good luck!

thank you! It was a loose connection

Glad to know that you solved this problem.