No programming experience: grow area/greenhouse controller for rare orchids.

I want to "roll my own" grow chamber/greenhouse controller. There are a few requirements:

1. Wireless connection to the device.

2. Temp/Humidity logging and monitoring from anywhere through iPhone or Browser (I'll be using DHT22 sensors).

3. PWM dimming of LDD1500-H LED controllers (requires 3.5-8 V PWM voltage source, e.g., dawn, dusk, clouds)

4. Timing of 110 volt relay on-offs (e.g., turn lights on in the morning, turn off at night).

5. Control of both items 3 and 4 remotely through the same interface as item 2.

Those are the basics and I'm sure we could get wild after that. This is something I've wanted to do for a long time but never committed because it seemed so daunting to someone with no programming background and no guidance. Maybe break it off a chunk at a time and start with monitoring/logging of temp and humidity?

Which Arduino? How do I get started? Set up a web server? Many thanks for any guidance you can offer.

ESP8266

raspberry Pi 3 has ethernet, WiFi, plenty of IO, etc e.g. run a web server

a Windows PC running Remote Desktop can be used to control it

horace:
a Windows PC running Remote Desktop can be used to control it

... but a CLI over SSH takes way less bandwidth.

AWOL:
... but a CLI over SSH takes way less bandwidth.

And has a lot less security holes...

Either way, a simple ESP8266 jobby with a PHP/SQL backend would suffice.

Amazon Web Serives offer a free tier "Beanstalk" that allows for a free mySQL DB and LAMP instance.