No restart after power off - MKR1000

Hello,

I have a problem with my MKR1000! When I upload a sketch which is using the WIFI (I tried it with the WIFI101 examples) it works directly after uploading. But when I unplug the Arduino from the powersupply and plug it in again, he is doing nothing. If I try the "blinking-example" without any WIFI it works correctly all teh time.

Does anyone know a solution?

Br, florian

Can you post a copy of your sketch and does it include the wait for serial as that causes issues ?

Sorry for late reply I have been away.

I would also like to acknowledge your problem may be with the “while not serial” loop that is part of the WiFi101 code …

It gave me the same problems … I have commented out all references to “begin.serial” and “serial.print” also within the sketch. Seems to be working well. There is a tiny reset button on the MRK1000 as well. If you press that and release, the WiFi power led should go off and then back on as well. It seems that has been helpful to test the restart functionality while connected to power without being hooked to any USB via the computer.

In my case I have the MRK1000 set into a permanent proto board and supply power via a 5V power supply, and a 2.1mm jack directly to the “vin” pin on the board.

ballscrewbob: Can you post a copy of your sketch and does it include the wait for serial as that causes issues ?

Many thanks, after three years your replay still rocks! :-) I solved same problems reading this.