No Session Support in PHP 5

I installed PHP5 using OPKG (install php5-cli and install php5-cgi). I've altered the php.ini file to turn on sqllite and I've altered the uhttpd file so that php files are processed by CGI. Restarted the server after all changes (multiple times).

If I open a phpinfo(); file in a web browser I get the standard output I would expect (so the server is processing php) but there is no section pertaining to sessions. When I open a php file contiaing a session_start() command I get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function session_start() in filename at line x

The research I've turned up states these circumstances arise from session support not being installed or implemented properly. I've used standard installs, and followed tutorials I've found (which are very straight forward) and can't figure out where things went bad. I've also been unable to find any posting anywhere with similar problems.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Tom

found a solution...

opkg update opkg install php5-mod-session

this fixed it, I've seen no tutorials that specify doing this so perhaps its a non-standard workaround, but it did solve the issue.

It's the right thing to do. In order to save disk space, packages on the yun are much smaller and therefore contain the minimum possible amount of functionality