No USB communication

I own an authentic Arduino Uno, a RuggedDuino (Uno), and a Due, and I 'm using software v1.5.8 (for the Due) under Win7 x64.

I received today a chinese Uno copy for a cheap/disposable project.
As the chinese Uno wasn't communicating with the PC (it uses a CH340G chip), I had to install the CH340G USB2Serial driver on my PC.
The chinese Uno is now communicating OK with the software, but the original/authentic Arduino Uno doesn't communicate anymore. The RuggedDuino and the Due are still working/communicating OK, only the original Uno is affected and doesn't work anymore. My first reflex is to believe it is related to recent USB driver installation.

The virtual COM port look OK.
COM appears as soon as I plug the Arduino in but when I upload a sketch I got this message 10 times :

avrdude: Send: 0 [30] [20]
avrdude: ser_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x01

I read a lot on simlar problem on the forum and various sites, but didn't find clear answer.
I tried the reset button trick during upload.
I tried to reinstalled the default driver from folder \Program Files (x86)\Arduino\drivers
I tried rebooting the PC, plug, unplug & replug USB cable, changing the USB cable...
All without sucess.

Anyone can help ? Thanks

The chinese Uno is now communicating OK with the software, but the original/authentic Arduino Uno doesn't communicate anymore. The RuggedDuino and the Due are still working/communicating OK, only the original Uno is affected and doesn't work anymore. My first reflex is to believe it is related to recent USB driver installation.

How many board you are using,

the error mentioned above accurs due to

1. not selecting proper COmport & board
  2. software conflicts
    3)bootloader crashed.

The most common you can try here is uploading bootloader using AVR pocket programmer. Even uploaded is avilable in market

Does the Uno work if you remove the CH430 drivers?

Check which com port comes up when you plug in the genuine Uno and also check which drivers it loads.

You can, if needs be do a system restore back to before the CH340 drivers were installed.

To ChilliTronix:
I can witness the COM port discovery for each board in Device Manager, but I don’t know how to check which driver is loaded . How can i do this ?
At this point I want to understand and solve the problem, I’m not desperate enough to do a system restore.

To CrossRoads :
I tried un-installing CH340G driver.
Chinese Uno stopped working (expected) but Uno didn’t start to work (same problem).
Re-install CH340G driver and chinese Uno re-start to work OK.

To Amp-N :
I got 5 differents boards (2 chinese). I work on several projects in parallel.

Each boards is mapped on different virtual COM port (no conflit).
I also tried to manually force the COM port to a different COM port number, but problem stays the same.

1. I do not make any COM port selection error in IDE
  2. Software conflict ? may be but with what ? still sounds like a driver conflict!
  3. I installed Arduino IDE 1.5.8 on a different PC to validate the Uno corrupted Bootloader theory.
    Results = This Arduino Uno is not running!

Now I recall; I was using this board on top of an Arduino-ISP to burn different chips (both my USBasp & USB Tiny are not working well… other problems).
That’s over 3 weeks ago so I don’t recall exactly but I must have left a bad chip (no bootleader) on the Arduino Uno at the end.

I just replaced that chip with a good one and everything is fine, problem disappeared.
(I guess I was focusing too much on that new driver installation while this wasn’t involved at all…)

Thanks everybody.

This what i suggest.

first uninstall every thing.I have attached driver copy for orginal here, Unzip & place in arduino IDE

SInce you telling there are 5 boards. So for chinese version you uninstal drivers

I dont other 3 boards are original Arduino boards are not. If yes Use above drivers & it must work. If any error let me know with screen shots

Always keep in mind if you using multiple arduino Boards with different vendor. Only difference is IC they are using
Just check all IC name it might be for UNo Boards

atmega328pu
atmega328p-pu
atmega328A-pu

each will have different signature because of which you couldn’t able to upload via IDE. so i recommend to check the IC name & use AVR pocket programmer for uploading codes instead of USB driver/FTDI drivers

SO what i need here . Chart saying board nameof board , driver used, working condition,IC name,

drivers.zip (1.19 MB)