NodeMCU can't connect to Wifi when using Repeater

Hey Guys,
I hope to find some help over here. I recently bought a NodeMCU for a couple of bugs to create a WiFi-Based LED-Stripe controll. During my tests, I used a Fritz!Box 7362SL Router in order to connect & use everything. It worked flawless without any issues. When I tried to connect to my home WiFi, it just didn't work. I used the same code as before, but changed SSID and Password. My home's router is using WPA2-Encryption, just like my test setup. The MAC-Adress of the NodeMCU is allowed. The important code sequences:

#include <ESP8266WiFi.h>
#include <IRsend.h>
WiFiServer server(80);

const char* ssid = "ssid";
const char* password = "pwd";

void setup() {
Serial.begin(9600);
Serial.print("Connecting to ");
  Serial.println(ssid);

WiFi.begin(ssid, password);
while (WiFi.status() != WL_CONNECTED) {
    delay(500);
    Serial.print(".");
  }
  Serial.println("");
  Serial.print("at IP:");
  server.begin();
  Serial.println(WiFi.localIP());

}

void loop() {
WiFiClient client = server.available();
//everything else is just server stuff
}

I end up at the line " Serial.print(".");" in the setup. It just keeps printing points.
I'm using the latest versioon of Arduino IDE and the esp8266 library by ESP8266 Community.
I can't think of any issue, I'd be very thankful for any advise!

trueJP:
Hey Guys,
I hope to find some help over here. I recently bought a NodeMCU for a couple of bugs to create a WiFi-Based LED-Stripe controll. During my tests, I used a Fritz!Box 7362SL Router in order to connect & use everything. It worked flawless without any issues. When I tried to connect to my home WiFi, it just didn't work. I used the same code as before, but changed SSID and Password. My home's router is using WPA2-Encryption, just like my test setup. The MAC-Adress of the NodeMCU is allowed. The important code sequences:

#include <ESP8266WiFi.h>

#include <IRsend.h>
WiFiServer server(80);

const char* ssid = "ssid";
const char* password = "pwd";

void setup() {
Serial.begin(9600);
Serial.print("Connecting to ");
  Serial.println(ssid);

WiFi.begin(ssid, password);
while (WiFi.status() != WL_CONNECTED) {
    delay(500);
    Serial.print(".");
  }
  Serial.println("");
  Serial.print("at IP:");
  server.begin();
  Serial.println(WiFi.localIP());

}

void loop() {
WiFiClient client = server.available();
//everything else is just server stuff
}

I end up at the line " Serial.print(".");" in the setup. It just keeps printing points.
I'm using the latest versioon of Arduino IDE and the esp8266 library by ESP8266 Community. 
I can't think of any issue, I'd be very thankful for any advise!

edit: I finally figured it out! I'm using a WiFi-Repeater, and it seems like theres an issue with multiple networks with same SSID. Any possible solution?

1 Like