nodemcu & pir sensor

I am working with a PIR sesnor and a node mcu ESP8266. The general idea is that I put the board into a deep sleep and awaken it with the PIR sensor. The code seems to be working fine, however I beleive I have an issue with the wiring.

Signal out on Pir is connected to base on a 337 transistor. The collector is grounded, and the Emitter is connected to RST on the board. When I use my mulitimeter, I can see the spike when the sensor detects movement. It will go high registering about .7 dc and then low again. However, when I put it between the transistor and RST it is giving me a constant reading between 2.0 and 3.6 depending on if it detects movement.

I have been trying to base my design off of the following: https://diyprojects.io/esp8266-deep-sleep-mode-test-wake-pir-motion-detector/#.XFeVX1xKi73 (using the first diagram, minus the diode between D0 and RST) the following is from the home assistant reddit:

Sweet! That's exactly what I just did. I base to the output of the PIR sensor with a 220ohm resistor, collector to ground, and then the emitter to RST with a 10k pullup resistor. Then I just set it to sleep indefinitely, and then I made a rule for when MQTT is connected, publish a switch "on" message.

Thanks for all the help! I'm still fairly new to ESP Easy, and this particular thing didn't seem very obvious as far as how to go about it.

Any assistance or guidance would be greatly appreciated

Paul

The code seems to be working fine, however I beleive I have an issue with the wiring.

If the code works why do you think that the wiring is wrong?

Signal out on Pir is connected to base on a 337 transistor. The collector is grounded, and the Emitter is connected to RST on the board. When I use my mulitimeter, I can see the spike when the sensor detects movement. It will go high registering about .7 dc and then low again. However, when I put it between the transistor and RST it is giving me a constant reading between 2.0 and 3.6 depending on if it detects movement.

Post a wiring diagram which also include the measurement points you're using.

Depending on the PIR used it might generate just a short pulse which your multimeter doesn't detect correctly. Have you tried looking at it with a scope?